USB to CAN V2 on Raspberry Pi4

Hi to everyone,
I would to connect the device in the title on the raspberry pi 4 for reading CAN message from a receiver. Is it possible to configure the device on PI4? In this case what driver should I use? thank you

Yes, it is possible. You want to use the ECI drivers for Linux:

You will find instructions inside the zip file. Are you using a Debian-based distribution like Raspbian?

Hi,
yes, I am using Raspbian. I installed the zip files but now I don’t know how to read the can messages. Sorry but I am not an expert of using Raspberry.

Folling the instructions,
I got an error when I compile the ECI Demo with the command make.

What error? You do not need to be a pro with Raspbian, but will need general Linux experience to be successful.

Keep in mind the system requirements:

• IXXAT ECI Linux Driver
  • Gcc 4.2 and a working kernel build environment (for PCI(e) interfaces)
  • USB interfaces require the latest version (V2.X) of the bootmanager
  • libusb-0.1 0.1.12 or newer (for USB interfaces)
  • libusb-1.0 1.0.12-2 or newer (for USB-to-CAN V2)
  • libc6 2.3.4 or newer
  • libstdc++6 3.4 or newer
  • libgcc1 3.0 or newer
  • Code::Blocks IDE 8.02 or newer (optional)

Note:
The driver should work with most Linux distributions running a Kernel from 2.6.x up to 4.4.0,
but was only tested using Debian/Ubuntu and openSUSE Linux.

Hi, thanks for the help,
my problem, for now, us the kernel version of Linux and the linux -headers. I am not able to downgrade the kernel version to a release from 2.6 to 4.4 and find the linux - headers of the same version. How could I do this? thank you

I doubt that is the problem. I think it just lists 4.4 as the last version tested, but should work with newer kernels. However, I need to verify this.

Is it possible for you to try building on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS to see if it makes a difference?

I have confirmed that the latest ECI driver supports up to kernel v5.8.

Hi, thanks for the answer. On internet I found an user who used the SocketCan for Raspberry? Could I use it in this case for solving my problem? thank you

You can use the SocketCAN driver, but when using a Raspberry Pi with a standard kernel release, there are no kernel or header files available. This will require that the kernel is recompiled and installed on the device manually to allow the SocketCAN to function. Refer to the instructions provided at:

Another question, do the Eci Linux drivers work with 32 bit system?

Here is the correct driver for ARM64 for Raspberry Pi:

Here is the 32-bit version:

Hi, sorry but I am not able to download the driver on these links. Could you send me in another way, please? Thank you

They are too large for the forum, do you have a share file or other account you can use?

When I try to log in it gives me the following error:
AADSTS90072: User account ‘ciro.e1991@gmail.com’ from identity provider ‘live.com’ does not exist in tenant ‘HMS Industrial Networks’ and cannot access the application ‘00000003-0000-0ff1-ce00-000000000000’(Office 365 SharePoint Online) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account

Strange, I thought I shared them publicly. I just sent them to you by email. Let me know if you get them.

Kyle

I have also updated the OneDrive links above and ensured that they do not require authentication for download.