Using Triggered (GPRS/EDGE/3G) Always online

Flexy 205 - Firmware 13.2s1

Using Cellular Data. Have set to “Triggered”. But it stays online all the time. Is this normal?

I have set the longest session to 10 minutes. It does drop off after the 10 minutes but almost immediately goes online again. The Scheduled event log indicates an NTP Sync is happening every time it goes off-line. I have the NTP to only check every 12 hours (720 minutes).

Why isn’t the unit off-line most of the time? Is this a firmware problem? My reason for updating was so I didn’t have to have my basic program running to set the correct time and account for DST.

We rarely see the triggered setting used any more as it’s a legacy setting from the dial-up days when phone lines were scarce. As the cost savings or security improvement is negligible, I would recommend switching to the Maintain mode where the connection is always active, but only used when necessary.

Okay. I’ll switch back to Maintained mode.
But how to I manage / predict the amount of data needed per month? Is this ever a concern for other customers? Thanks

Yes, the data issue is a concern for other customers as well, but if you are not exporting data regularly, sending alarms, etc., than you are only using a significant amount of data when you connect to the device.

The Flexy does keep track of the amount of data used on the cellular cards if you look under Diagnostic > Status > System Info > Status. You could potentially write a script to warn you if the data went over a specified threshold.

Topic closed due to inactivity.