VB filter problems

I am working with a mature VB6 program which utilizes the USB to CAN Compact hardware. Most recently, program has been working as expected using vci_3_5_2_4268 drivers plus vci_2_20_855_0 wrapper.

I’m attempting to update to vci-4_0_848_0 drivers and use vci2onvci4_2_30_72_0 wrapper.

After driver installs, canAnalyser3 Mini program runs correctly. My VB program properly connects with the USB to CAN hardware. Problem is setting a filter for Rx buffer does not work as I expect. In fact, the only way I can get any message through the filter is to completely open it. Bit shift left is not the solution (although this was not needed with the vci_2_20_855_0 wrapper and version 3 drivers). I have streamlined acceptance code and mask down to looking for a single bit with no luck.

This is code which works with older versions of drivers:
'Change mask - open to include ISO Acknowledgement 059392 (18E800)
intRetVal = oVCI.VCI_AssignRxQueObj(intBoardHdl, _
g_lngInitRxHdl, VCI_ACCEPT, &H18EE0000, &HFFF80000) 'Mask was &HFFFF0000

Along with a lot of other variations, this is code altered for version 4 drivers and results in no message passing filter:
’ g_lngInitRxHdl, VCI_ACCEPT, LShiftLong(&H18EE0000, 1), &H3FF00000)

This is only form I have found to pass anything and it passes all:
’ g_lngInitRxHdl, VCI_ACCEPT, LShiftLong(&H18EE0000, 1), &H0)

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi @greg_11A

Sorry for the delay, I think I may need to escalate this to some colleagues over in Sweden and find out some info on this for you. You should be getting an email for this escalation shortly.

Thanks,
-Tim