Vnc

Hello-

I have a cozy 131 and I am trying to use it for remote access into an Allen Bradley panelview 800 (2711R-T4T) I enabled VNC server on the HMI and set access to view only. From there I tried to browse the IP address of the panelview and it says it cant reach the page. I am able to ping it, but that’s it. What is the easiest way to set this up so that my customer can log in remotely to the HMI through their phone or computer?

Thank you,

Erik Gaskell

Hi Eric,

You will typically need to use a VNC viewer to connect with a VNC server, however some servers work with some web browsers on Windows. You just can’t always assume you can just use a browser and you need to make sure you are connecting to the right port. (The default is 5900 so to try to reach the HMI in the browser you would need to type in 192.168.1.1:5900, given that was the correct ip address and port)

If the browser doesn’t work you can use a VNC viewer light TightVNC. A tutorial of how to do that with a Panel View is here: https://theautomationblog.com/enable-and-use-vnc-on-the-panelview-plus-7/

You can also use M2Web to access your VNC server by configuring the HMI in eCatcher as a LAN device. Have you tried that before? For accessing from a phone, you will want to use the eCatcher app with a VNC app for best results.

Kyle

1 Like