VPN security settings

Hello.
VPN problem. EW4626B (firmware ew_11_3s0) doesn’t send files by ftp if its more than ~1kB (.gz file). FTP server gets only empty files (10B). In ewon log: “24011 ftpc-Server response timeout”. I tried send files different servers but got the same result.
When I changed settings from “Discard all traffic excepted VPN and initiated traffic (ex: EMail)” to “Discard all traffic excepted VPN and initiated traffic (ex: EMail) and ICMP (Ping)” then all files were sent easily.
But hundred our EWONs always worked with first mentioned setting. What a difference between them indeed?
All traffic, including FTP, goes through a VPN with any of these settings, right?

Nikolai

It sounds like this might be related to the “keepalive”. Can you adjust the FTP client settings (i.e. increase the timeout)?

This is a good point. Let me check with the eWON developers.

Also, please check and see if you are using passive FTP or not.

I played with timeout, active/passive mode but it doesn’t matter. EWONs always online by Ethernet, no problem with access to PLC, only - FTP file sending.

OK thank you. Please make sure to use passive mode and provide us with a backup of the device using eBuddy and checking the box for “Include Support files.”

Topic is closed due to inactivity.