VPN Tunnel Error:> STATE: 1646913063,WAIT,,,,

Hi there,

When trying to connect to our ewon device in eCatcher we are receiving the error:

VPN Tunnel Error:> STATE: 1646913063,WAIT,

I have asked our network provider to allow the access rules as detailed on this page Ewon Technical Support - Talk2M VPN Servers but we are still unable to connect on our corporate network. The connection is successful using my own PC so I understand the connection will still be getting blocked on our firewall somewhere.

Our network provided and given me a clip of our switch logs and show a connection being denied for a few IPs that are not contained in any Talk2M documentation so I am reluctant to allow these through our firewall:

Mar 10 11:30:36.041: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list LAN-DMZ-3_IN_REV denied udp 10.2.94.146(500) → 213.213.6.245(500), 1 packet
Mar 10 11:31:10.040: %SEC-6-IPACCESSLOGP: list LAN-DMZ-3_IN_REV denied udp 10.2.94.146(500) → 213.217.164.178(500), 1 packet

Are these IP’s (213.21x.) familiar or is this a red herring for our network team?

Please can someone advise if we are missing on any permissions or access rules we may need to add to our firewall?

I will attach the logs from the Talk2M Connection Checker.

Many thanks
Marc

Talk2MConnectionCheckerFullLog.txt (1.0 MB)
Full log attached. I can see on the connection tester is fails at connecting to the VPN server.

accesslist.txt (7.5 KB)
Accesslist.txt shows the ip addresses being allowed through the firewall on our DMZ VLAN (where the ewon device is connected),

Hello @marc.chilton,

The connection checker is passing without issues. I am not sure if the logs from the switch are related.
Have you tried uninstalling ecatcher and re-installing? There could be corruption with the openVPN config that is causing issues.

Can you share you ecatcher logs for us to review? You can generate a zip file from settings > system logs . This should give us better details on what issues the ecatcher is seeing.

systemLogs-20220310T154125.zip (134.5 KB)
Hi Deryck,

Thank you for your reply, please see attached eCatcher logs. I will try a fresh install in the meantime but the install itself is only a few days old.

Unfortunately still getting the same issue following a re-install.

Thanks
Marc

Hi Mark,

Can you test the VPN from another internet connection besides one in your office? It seem like something on the network might be stopping the connection as the VPN is getting established. This could be a firewall rule that disallows openVPN traffic.