VPN tunnel error

when trying to open VPN I get this error: VPN tunnel error: STATE 1539270497. I am using Windows 10 Pro and connecting over WI-FI. I have another computer running Windows 8 that works great. I tried replacing the file Talk2mclient.ovpn but that did not help. Also have been talking to tech support on phone but have not resolved problem.

Hello @Fhouston,

Could you add a screen shot of the error you are seeing for me to get a better understanding of the issue.

Also check your Ethernet adapters and make sure you have a Talk2m-eCatcher adapter that looks like this:

Deryck

See attached file.

Thanks for the help.

I do have the Talk2M-ecahter ethernet driver on my computer that is version 9.

Hello @Fhouston,

Sorry about the late reply this issue was mixed up with a similar case. Are you still having problems connecting?

Deryck

Thanks for getting back to me. I tried over the weekend to connect from home (using a different WI-FI) but still could not connect. I have attached some of the log files. Maybe this will help but let me know if you need something else.

systemLogs-20181011T115810.zip (39.5 KB)

systemLogs-20181022T093732.zip (72.6 KB)

Hello @Fhouston,

Thanks the log files uploaded indicate that the OpenVPN connection is being blocked. This is different then access to the server, something is blocking the actual VPN traffic. This is typically from a company firewall. Are the two WiFi networks you tried at the same location? Can you try with a hotspot and see if you still get the same errors?

Deryck

I don’t have a hotspot that I can try. when you talk about a firewall is this something that is installed on the PC? I setup eCatcher on my person computer at home and it works great so there is some software on the other work computer that is the problem but I can’t figure it out. The WiFi networks that I used are not the same.