Where can I find the eWON TAG GENERATOR file

where can I find the eWON TAG GENERATOR

• Frank

@wizardontherun

You can download that file below.

Download: Tag Generator

Updated for FW 14 with Units fields - eWON TAG GENERATOR REV 7.xlsm (41.4 KB)

1 Like

I downloaded from the Flexy with no problem, made some changes and uploaded ok. how do I tell the Flexy to update the tags with the new uploaded file?

@wizardontherun

The easiest way is to make a noticeable change and re-upload to the unit. This is simply an FTP transfer. The file does not include notifications at the end. The file was a community created program.

I think there is a problem using this tag generator workbook with flexy firmware version 13.2PR. I have used it successfully in firmware 13.0, but it appears the column format of the var file changes in the new firmware.

I could probably go about editing the VBA to get it working, but I figured I’d ask to see if anyone here has already done that.

Edit: I was able to get it working, and have described the solution below.

Hi David,

I will need to check with my colleagues to see if they have any updated versions of this tool. I am not aware of any updated version myself.

Deryck

Deryck,

I was able to get it working.

Because firmware 13.2 adds a column to var lst for the KPI property, and moves the “Type” column to a different location in the table, the current tag generator does not work.

All I had to do was copy the column headers from a 13.2 var lst into the generator workbook and it started working. The VBA appears to detect the used range of the sheet, so the change in the number of columns does not affect the generation of the export file.

Please create a new version of the spreadsheet for those of us that don’t want to work on the VBA ourselves

@David_Nolan Thanks for the update this is useful info.

@tomgiorgio this is an unofficial tool but I will look into seeing if we can update the tool to work with the new TAG file configuration.

Just a heads up, I’m having trouble with the spreadsheet on the latest firmware 13.2s0

Nothing about the tags will update. Even changing the name of the tag, the excel sheet says success but nothing changes in the eWON

Tom,

In your GENERATOR REV 5 workbook, just remove column K (the “Type” column). Then, insert two columns after BA (“FCO”), and call them “KPI”, and “Type”.

I was able to use the generator against a 13.2 flexy with those settings changes.

eWON TAG GENERATOR REV 6.xlsm (41.9 KB)

Here is the one I am using.

3 Likes

Thanks David. I was having the same problem importing tags with the new firmware. Your Rev 6 Tag Generator did the trick.

hello,
i keep getting the following error.image

Hello,

I am not sure what would be causing this error. What does the debugging show?

Does the error still occur if you disable your firewall?

Deryck

local firewall is off,

Hello @john_cintron,

I was able to recreate this error message by attempting to get tags from a device that was not an eWon. Make sure you are entering in the IP address of an ewon device.

I got a similar but different error when using a username that did not have the correct user rights. image

Keep in mind you can also connect using a standard FTP client to FTP the var_list.csv off of the ewon, make changes and FTP it back on. The file will be semi colon delimited so you will need to import it into excel or open in a text editor such as note pad and do a find and replace. Make sure you set it back to semi colons to transfer back onto the eWon.

Best regards,
Deryck

Hello Deryck,

I do have several eWon’s out in the field with dedicated admin privileges, all with the same login information that I access frequently. All with the same IP addresses.

I will try the FTP route. Thanks for your help

Thank you, the FTP method worked!