Where can I get more detail on the Cozy's NAT features?

Where can I get more detail on your NAT features. All I can find in the manual is this on page 28.

Gateway Status

NAT 1:1 Status of NAT 1:1
By default, it is deactivated. Possibility to change this status by clicking on it.

Hello,

NAT is a comon procedure in the IT community. I have embedded a link below to go over the basics.

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/nat/example_1-to-1_NAT.html

You can enable NAT1:1 by clicking on routing in the communication settings.

Thanks. Are there other routing features? If so where can I read up on them?

I need to figure out if the Cozy networked as described in the photo can be configured to:

1. allow me to access the HMI in my panel from my office through eCatcher
  2. allow me to access the PLC in my panel from my office through eCatcher
  3. allow the DCS to access the PLC in my panel by connecting to the eWon’s WAN port and letting the eWon route between it’s WAN port & 192.168.95.100
  4. allow the VNC client on the DCS operator’s PC to access the HMI in my panel by connecting to the eWon’s WAN port and letting the eWon route between it’s WAN port & 192.168.95.200

Your HMI and PLC should be able to be accessed through you eCatcher. I would try pinging the LAN IP’s, and ensure the firewall in eCatcher is set to “Standard”.

As for the DCS, you will need to use NAT1:1 for routing.

You can find some connection methods in our Knowledge Base Articles, and Reference Guides.

https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/docs/cosy-131#5

Thanks Kevin. I’ll read up on this & let you know if I have anything to follow up.

I’ve revised the network diagram based on what I’ve learned but would like you to double check, as I’ve never used 1:1 NAT before. Thanks in advance.

I believe this feature could be used to route traffic between the plant’s 172.xxx network & my panel’s 192.xxx network as shown below. Is that correct?

Hello,

That should work. You will need to review this setup with the local IT admins.

Topic closed due to inactivity.