Where is Anybus CompactCom 40 Demo Application User Manual?

The Anybus CompactCom 40 Starter Kit installation Guide (Doc.Id. HMSI-27-224 Rev 1.10) mentions a Demo Application. Where can I get this and the associated User Manual?

Thanks

Hello,

If you go to the bottom of the following web page you can fill out the form and download the SDK.

https://www.anybus.com/products/embedded-index/anybus-compactcom-starterkit

Best regards,
Nick

1 Like

I did that and I got the SDK. I am looking for the Demo Application. This is not in the SDK.

From the install Guide:

3.3 Anybus CompactCom Demo Application

This is a demo application for Microsoft WindowsTM, simulating a real life application using the Anybus CompactCom 40.
Together with the development board, it demonstrates a virtual AC drive application with a few parameters which can be accessed from the network through an Anybus CompactCom 40 device.
For more information, see Anybus CompactCom 40 Demo Application User Manual.

Hello,

Ah ok, I know what you are referencing. I have to look into this further to make sure I get the right thing.

Best regards,
Nick

Hello,

I asked a colleague, and that demo is no longer availabe. In our recent versions of our Starterkit manual the reference to this demo was removed. We do not really recommend using it because it the modern example code does the same thing but does not feature a GUI.

If you would really like it please whisper me, but we do not believe is will help you.

Best regards,
Nick

Well I am totally perplexed. There seems to be a big part of the puzzle missing or maybe I am just expecting too much.
What is the purpose of the baseboard in the Starter Kit? Is there software that it runs or is it merely a USB port? I am looking for a Windows application that will communicate with the Starter Kit to show that it works. I thought the aforementioned Demo App would do this.I am not sure what you mean by “modern example code”, but I didn’t see anything that I downloaded that would interface to the kit. Please send the demo app and the user manual.

Thanks

Hello,

The example code is contained within the SDK. For example, you will import the Windows code from the SDK into visual studio. There is an example application already loaded and ready to use when you build and run the code. So when you have the starterkit connected through USB Visual studio will drive the starterkit and use the example.

Could you please whisper me your contact details?

Best regards,
Nick

By “whisper” do you mean send a private message?

I apologize, that is something different that I mixed up. Yes, can you please private message me your contact details?

Nick

I think I did - did you get it?

A post was split to a new topic: Compactcom Host application download broken