Why does onchange in init section doesn't work?

I’ve a simply basic script. The script has an init function where there is an onchange event, if a tag changes value, program jumps to a label. But when the tag changes its value, the code in the label is not executed (the code in the label works good with the ontimer function).

ONCHANGE Tag0@,“goto MyLabel”

Why the code doesn’t work? where I 'm wrong?

@Massimo_Borroni

You simply have a syntax error in your onchange. Inside of the onchange you are passing a reference to the tag value (specified by the @ symbol) but not the actual tag address. When using an onchange you would format it as:

ONCHANGE "Tag0", "GOTO MyLabel"

Note, the only difference is I dropped the @ in the tag name and wrapped it in " marks.

We have a similar simple script but for ONTIMER which update tag values to a remote ewon. Under the init section it is

TSET 1, 10
ONTIMER 1, “GOTO UpdateRemote”

it has worked before but now we keep getting the error:

label/function not found(27): Goto ewon init_section.

Can you send me a backup.tar file of this device with the support files checkbox enabled in eBuddy?

The problem has been solved. We deleted the whole program and imported the previous one. The error has since disappeared.

Thank you

1 Like

Ok thanks for the update

I’m having an issue where the ONCHANGE does not work for some reason when changing the tag value. Any ideas for what I’m doing wrong?

Thank you!

This code is in a separate section.

Can you remove the CLS from the from the command. It could be that the CLS is clearing the screen before the print command is shown.

Is the Tag a boolean value?

@Kevin_hms ,

Found my issue… I was forcing the tag value to change in the command screen, but was using “TPLC_testDataLoggTriggerIN” instead of “TPLC_testDataLoggTriggerIN@”

Hello Nick,

Excellent! I am glad it was a simple resolution.