Wireless Bolt configuration

I am attempting to connect a programming PC to a Unitronics PLC using a wireless bolt . I have established A Bluetooth connection using easy config. but failed to connect over TCP/IP. The PLC IP is set to; 192.168.0.100, subnet;255.255.255.0 and default gateway;192.168.0.99.
Is there something I’m missing?

Hi Keklon,

As mentioned on the phone I recommend starting with updating the firmware to the latest, 1.6.3. Then pair the devices up again. When you pair the bolts it will change the ip of the clients, generally adding 1 to the bolt acting as the AP’ ip address. You will want to either use a different IP for your PLC or change the AP’s IP.

You can message me back here or call back in if you have any questions.

Hi Deryck,

I have a red blinking LED on the Ethernet port. On both units. Is this normal?

I was able to connect with the use of crossover cables between the PLC and Bolt also for the PC and Bolt connection.

It failed to make a connection using straight thru ethernet cables.

Thanks,
The red led on the Ethernet sockets are now blinking. What does this indicate?

Hi Keklon,

It depends what LED you are seeing and what color it is here is the page from the manual that covers the LED’s. In your case you will want to see led B be blue once they are paired.

Once they are paired you should be able to ping both bolts and the device on the opposite LAN connection as a test.

Deryck