Wireless Bolt needs power-up reset

Deryck,

Thank you for the response. Is a firmware upgrade the currently recommended work-around for this issue?

Best regards,

Keith

Yes, if you are seeing issues with the device requiring a reboot downgrading to 1.1.6 is the current recommended work-around. We waiting for development to get back to us with details on a patch being released.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Do you have any updates yet from your developers, for an estimated timeframe on a fix for this issue? I know it was back in March that we discovered this issue.

Hello,

We are anticipating a release candidate within a month.

Deryck

Hello All,

We now have Firmware 1.5.3 available, and this should resolve the issue requiring the AWB device to be power cycled. The device should auto reconnect within 1 second.

Please give this firmware a try and let us know if you continue to see any issues or see any other issues.

Deryck

Hello All,

Just wanted to reach out and see if any of you had any feedback regarding the 1.5.3 update. Are any of you seeing any issues with the devices not maintaining a connection or needing to be rebooted?

@sslovik @kbrewster @Chris14 @Dahlberg

Hello!

Just back from some vacation, im updating two of our bolts to 1.5.3.
I’ll check if they can be installed asap, however summer vacations has just started… :confused:
When i have more info i’ll update to this thread. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

We are using the Anybolt on firmware 1.6.3

We are finding that operators are having to power cycle the Anybolts multiple times each week to restore network connectivity. We have the bolts setup for layer 2 mac clone with static management. Essentially a PC sits behind the Anybolt and the anybolt connects to a Cisco Meraki wifi access point.

Are we able to capture logs from the bolts? We have about 13 of these in production all facing the same issue.

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

We do not have any logging on the Bolt. If you log into the Bolts webpage do you see the bolt as disconnected from the AP or do you just lose communications though it?

Are you able to get any logs from the AP controller? Does it indicate any errors or that it is forcing it to disconnect?

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Sadly we dont have much log information available.

It would be nice to have the bolts post syslog data or have the ability.

Thanks
Adam

Hi Adam,

This was actually one of my requests to the development team for logging capabilities. Being able to see what events are occurring on the wifi side would help in many support issues. I hope to see it in a future release but it has not been confirmed by the devs yet.

Deryck

A post was split to a new topic: Firmware 2.0. bolt still drops comms

Topic closed due to inactivity.

i can not find post #35