Wireless Bridge Internet Access with Flexy LAN

Hi again

What I’m trying to do is use the internet from the Flexy205 to provide a wifi hotspot through the Anybus Bridge II.

I know the AnyBus bridge works and I am able to connect to the WiFI when i have it plugged with an ethernet cable in my office internet. When I plug the Anybus Bridge into the WAN port of the Flexy, I can not get on the WiFi even though I see the SSID name.

1. Are there any setting in the AnyBus system settings that will allow it to connect to the Flexy?

2. Are there settings in the Flexy that will allow it to provide internet to the Anybus bridge?

3. Do I plug in the any bus ethernet cable into the WAN port or LAN port of the Flexy?

Thanks

Irene

Hello,

Sorry for the delay it took me some time to look into the options for setting this up. The set up of the AWB (Anybus Wireless Bridge) is straight forward but adding internet though the Flexy makes it a bit more complex.

Anybus Wireless Setup
Under the WLAN settings, set the device to be in Access point mode and configure the SSID, security settings, and set a band.

If you do not have a DHCP server already on the LAN side of the Flexy, you will need to enable one. You can enable the DHCP server on the AWB for access to the LAN only. Ensure the IP address of the bridge matches the subnet of the Flexy’s LAN. Without a DHCP server, this might have been why your phone is not staying connected.

Internet though the Flexy
To pass the internet from the from the WAN to the LAN I recommend taking a look at the following document: access_internet_via_ewon_beside_talk2m_vpn.pdf

Reaching the internet though the Flexy makes the setup using an AWB a bit more complex. You will notice from step 5 in the document above, you will need to set the Flexy as the gateway. However the Wireless bridge DHCP server does not set a gateway as it expects you to only be connecting to the LAN side of the device. To get around this, you can disable the DHCP on the AWB and enable it on the flexy. For that process take a look at this document Enable DHCP Server on LAN.

You will plug the Anybus into the LAN side.

Regards,
Deryck

1 Like

Thank you – I’ll give that a try.