Working Internet but can't establish VPN

Hello,

I’ve a COSY 131 that I try to connect to.
I’ve run all the Wizzards in the COSY but I fail at the point where it trys to establish VPN connection.

I have a static WAN Connection that works all fine, I’ve run Talk2M connection checker and it works fine, we’ve also opened following ports in the firewall.

UDP 1194
TCP 1194
TCP 443

I’ve tried running the COSY in both UDP and Force TCP.

Any Ideas?

Best Regards

Hello,
I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your eWON Cosy.

Do you get a specific error while performing the VPN connection test?

It would be also a good idea to make a back up of the unit using the eBuddy tool and make sure to include support files.

Best regards,
Maribel

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

I get the error message “VPN TimeOut” some times and sometimes just “VPN could not be established”.

here is the backup file.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (317 KB)

Hi Pani

Can I jump on a teamviewer with you so I can get a better idea on what I’m looking at. Or if you can give us a call at 312 893 5636.

Thanks,
Tim

Hello Tim,

The problem is that i’m not at the Client right now so i can’t connect to the ewon router.

Also the ewon router is not connected to internet at this point in time.

But as I wrote in earlier message I belive the problem is in the firewall, and they block out the vpn somehow. Even tho all ports are open.

I’m not sure when i’ll be at the client next time.

Hi Pani,

Is there anybody that would be able to get access to the Cosy right now?

Hi,

No, sadly we have no one at the location, i can come back to you when we got someone going down there.

Hi Pani,

Just wanted to see if there was an update on this?

-Tim

Hi Tim,

We are sending a technician next week to try to fix it, he will take contact with our retailer for support and troubleshooting.

Thats all i got on this topic for now, i’ll come back on the matter if we manage to solve it.

Best Regards Patrik

Hey Patrik,

Just wanted to see if this was all set?

Hello,

Not yet, we have asked our customer to change some settings in their firewall, waiting for answear.

I will come back to you as soon as we got a result.

Skickat från min Samsung Galaxy-smartphone.

-------- Originalmeddelande --------

Hello Tim,

We have now had our technichan on site to try to fix the problem with no succes.

We belive it to be a problem in our customers Firewall, however we have our retailer and our customer working on this problem now,

And we will have to wait and see if they manage to fix the problem.

Med vänlig hälsning / Best Regards

Hi Patrik,

just wanted to see if there was any update on this?

Hello Tim,

We have found out that the problem lays with our customer as we can’t use their Connection to access our other working ewon router either. We find them and we can try to connect but stops working once the VPN tries to establish.

They probably need to whitelist your servers, which they need to contact their ISP to do, and they wont get anything done there untill week 2.

But after the support from our ewon retailer we have seen it’s not a propblem with the ewon router or the settings.

Thanks Patrik,

Let me know if you guys run into any other issues

Not sure if I should’ve started a new thread as we have a similar issue that it can’t establish a VPN connection. Client says that aren’t any rules to block it. I have a backup that I uploaded. We’ve tried forcing it to use TCP and same thing. Backup (1).etar.gz (25.3 KB)

Hi,

It looks like you are trying to connect using WiFi, but are not able to connect to our servers.

• Test that the SSID and key are working with another device.
  • Make sure the Cosy’s system time is correct.
  • Change one of the DNS servers to a public DNS server like 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 in the wifi settings.
  • Reboot the device and run the Internet Wizard again, making sure to check the “test internet address” option.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.