Working with an Anybus Communication 7072

OK good. Yeah the communicator wants to write in “registers” or two bytes at a time, even if you just want to change one bit. Depending on the device it can write to least significant bit or most significant bit first. That’s the joy of Modbus! Here is a good resource:

http://simplymodbus.ca/index.html

I typed this up yesterday and never hit send, sorry. I’m still trying to find if there is an eaasy way to export.

Thank you Kyle. Sorry about the long delay in response. Got it working.

Hi @josey.varughese,

I just returned from vacation today and got your message, but I did not get any attachments. If you are still interested, would you please send the config file and I’ll take a look at it today and answer your questions.

Thanks!
Kyle

Hey Kyle,
I am working on an rs232 serial application. Now that I know how to use the software a bit better, I have run into an issue. For starters, I have 2 commands, open hatch, and close hatch. they work but the query is sent twice when I turn the IO bit on EIP side to on and then off. I have the mode set to “Change of state on Trigger”. Is it possible to only trigger when the bit goes high and not low? I am attaching my config file. I have the trigger byte set to address x200 and x201.

On the same token, is there a way to set the trigger to a bit instead of taking up a whole byte?

Best Regards,
Josey

Hey Kyle,

See attached for config file and the protocol definitions.

Sincerely,

Josey