Writing data to an Allen-Bradley PLC

Hi, i just bought an Ewon Flexy 205 to read data from an OPC UA Server and then transfert them to an Allen-Bradley PLC but i can’t figure out how to do that.

As of now, i’m still having difficulties connecting to my OPC UA Server (something about waiting for a disconnection but this problem is for another day), but my main problem is that i can’t figure out how to write data to a PLC.

I’ve currently connected 2 PLCs to my Ewon and i can access the data from each PLC with the Ewon (when i change value in my PLC or in my Ewon, the change is happening in the other device). However, i would like to be able to toggle a bit in PLC #1 and that it change another bit in PLC #2.

Can someone help me out with this? Thanks in advance

Hello @PierreR,

You can write to a plc by updated the data under the tag view. This will tell the Flexy to write to the PLC. The Flexy does not have a built in option to exchange tags between two PLC’s, but It can be done with two line in the BASIC IDE. If this is the primary use I would recommend looking into an Anybus gateway. To do it with the flexy you need copy the data of one tag into another. Here is an example from our developer site. Store and Forward tags | Ewon Developers

Regards,
Deryck