Writing to the Ewon with Modbus TCP

Hi I have a customer who wants to write TO the Ewon (using it as a slave).

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/data-acquisition/modbus Claims the ewon can operate as a Modbus TCP slave.

However, and this may be because of my modbus simulator, I cannot seem to put data in a tag when trying to write to the Ewon.

Is there any advice on this?

Hello,

Can you provide a back up with support files of the unit? I would like to see the current configuration you on the unit.

Currently there is none, it’s just something the customer is requesting.

I would assume that if I make a tag on my Ewon with address 40001, I should be able to use FC6 to write to that tag correct?

Thanks,

Brian

Yes, that’s correct. You can use fc6 for a single register or fc16 for multiple.

Hello,

Follow this process for creating modbus slave tag within the Ewon Unit:

1: Create Tag within the Flexy and set it to MEM.

2: Under Tag Visibility, enable Modbus TCP and set an Address

PLEASE NOTE The Flexy assigns the tags as Analog Output, and auto offsets the register values. Example: 40010 = 10 in Flexy

You are correct with using functiong code 6. I used Simply Modbus Client for testing.

Hie i am following the steps but a bit lost on the address, which address should i use on the server which needs to talk to the flexy

The Ewon is acting as the server in the examples in this thread. If you are using the Flexy as the client (master), you would have to refer to your server’s documentation to know which addresses to read or write.