X-Gateway AB7680 problem with Ethernet/Ip Scanner

Hi, I would need some help, I’ve been trying for over week to connect my Mitsubishi PLC to a FESTO CXP-FB36 with a Anybus Xgateway AB7680, for the part of mitsubishi no problem with the cc-link connection I can read from the plc and I could watch on the browser. The problem is when I want to add the Ethernet/Ip Adapter, I’ve done everything possible that I could. I have the read the manuals back and forward and nothing the MS Led blinks red always, probably I’m missing something. can any want take a look please at the manual of festo CPX-FB36 the part of the remote I/O this is the link for the manual

I really could use seme help thanks.

Can you share your AB7680 cfg file with us please? Are you able to ping and open the webserver on the EIP side of the gateway?

well, I called Festo Support and they told that when CPX-FB36 only has outputs like my case, I should enable the diagnotics data with the Switch DIL 2.2, doing this it will has also input bytes, basically It should have inputs and outputs to work. so the configuration was:

Originator -to Target --> 1 byte
Target to Originator --> 2 bytes

Connections Points :
Originator -to Target --> 100
Target to Originator --> 101
Config --> 102

The lowest data rate I could get was 2 ms, which is pretty good.

OK, so you now have communication working between the EIP Scanner and the Festo CXP-FB36?

Did you have any other questions?

Yes, I’d like to know if there is anyway to watch from the browser after the byte 63, i’m trying to build a network is a little bit a complex with severals devices including the CPX-FB36 from Festo and another devices from Nordson Versablue Tanks, these ones in particular use an amount of bytes but I’m not quite sure if i’m pointing correctly from my Mitsubishi PLC through the gateway until the decive.

No, the amount of data shown in the browser is limited.

Make sure to read the CC-Link manual for the gateway here to properly configure that side.

Ok, I get it, another question, now I have 4 devices working fine the gateway EIP side is proccesing around 101 bytes IN/OUT. If I add more stations like 7 o 6 but in these cases 1 byte out / 2 bytes In each station. Do you think the gateways will decrease its performances?

Hi Pablo,

Adding 6-7 more adapters should not add a noticeable change to the performance of the scanner.

The EIP scanner is designed to connect to up to 64 adapter/slaves with a total of 509 in 505 out.

Regards,
Deryck

Topic closed due to inactivity.