X-Gateway AB7800-F Profibus/Ethernet - Bits Swapped 4/5

I have a Slave device with 8 Digital Inputs connected on the Profibus Side but when I read those Inputs on the Ethernet Side, the bits are swapped i.e If Bit 8 is True on the Profibus Side then it shows Bit 0 as true on the Ethernet Side and Vice Versa. How do i resolve this issue so that Bit# on the Profibus Side will directly correspond to the same Bit# on the Ethernet Side.

Hi,
I am reading 8 Digital Inputs on the Profibus Side but when I read the status of those bits on the Ethernet side, the bits appear swapped i.e if Bit 8 is true on the Profibus Side then Bit 0 appear true on the Ethernet side. How can i resolve this issue so the Bits orientation exactly match on both sides?

Hi @ammarmansoor,

I believe we worked on this on the phone this morning. For any one that come across this issue in the future ill post our results.

We tracked the issues down to the GE plc interpreting the data in reverse byte order. for example 0b00010110 showed up as 0b01101000. Reading the data with another modbus client showed the data in the correct order and we determined the issue on the PLC side.

Where you able to resolve the issue with GE?

Deryck