Anybus Communicator Modbus TCP (AB7072)

Kyle,

The Anybus module is not talking to the PLC at all…… Can you tell me why? I followed the APPLICATION NOTE

SCM-1202-055 1.0 ENGLISH to setup the generic module.

Russell W. Carpenter | Control Systems Engineer

6457 Hazeltine National Drive**,** Suite 140 | Orlando, FL 32822

Tel: (407) 855-1212 | Fax: (407) 855-1213

image001.png

“We Serve To Serve Again”

You are getting this error because you need to select ‘EtherNet/IP & Modbus-TCP 2-Port’ for the Fieldbus type for the AB7072.

Did you download the configuration to the Anybus first, and then set the correct IP address and IO size in the PLC?

Did you confirm that this matches? Including the 8-bit units? Of course, your IO size would be 16/2, but Configuration should also be 0.

That was the issue…… the size was not set correctly.

image001.png

I’m not seeing the IO from the module. If I understand correctly there should be :I and O along with :C.

image001.png

Have you downloaded to the PLC?

Yes sir and the device says it’s communicating with the module.

image001.png

In that case, That screen shot above doesn’t make sense… you should be seeing input and output. Appears to be an issue with RSLogix.

I don’t know how it could be RSLogix. If the device is setup correctly the Inputs and Outputs will show up when you monitor the controller tags.

I’ve upgraded the firmware in the PLC and we are currently using Studio v32 with the EN2SE-R module. I loaded the last config you sent me for the HMS. Can you aid in getting this working? FYI, lights 1 and 2 are blinking on the HMS device and I am not seeing any IO in Logix.

OK, the last I knew you were using RSLogix v19 with generic IO device.

What color??

You need to follow this example exactly. It appears that you are missing a step.

Correct, but the boss decided to upgrade to the latest version of Studio so we can use the new device we just purchased. That’s why my last message stated what I was using so we can start over on this device. I have followed the setup verbatim from the manual and the device is not communicating and showing Faulted.

image003.jpg

image001.png

I’m getting the following error. I don’t see where you can adjust input size in Studio.

image002.jpg

The input and output size are automatically pulled from the device with the Add-On Profile. You would only get this error if they did not match, if either the download to the Anybus or the download to the PLC did not complete correctly.

How is the PLC connected to the Anybus? If it is connected through a network that may cause a problem with the download. Try connecting the PLC directly to the Anybus and downloading to both of them again.

The PLC, Anybus & PC are all plugged into a 5 port Netgear switch that is not plugged into the WAN. I tried connecting directly to Anybus but it’s still not working with the same fault. I noticed that light 5 is red also.

Can you get me Teamviewer access to a laptop connected to the network?

Yes sir, I have Teamviewer installed. How do I send you an invite? I’m not real familiar with this product.

I’m assuming you need this:

Are you still there.

i’m sorry i’ve been on a long call, I will try to log on now.

The password must have changed. We are closing in about 10 minutes. Can we set up a time on Monday?

I believe the password has changed in team viewer