Cellular ewon dropped offline 11/9

@anonbmwneqdh
Hi Chris,

We can use this topic to continue this issue once you are onsite again.

Deryck

We re-ran the setup wizards today on site. When the Internet connection was configured to use the modem and a maintained connection, we were able to establish the VPN connection and connect to devices inside the LAN side of the Flexy. However, when we changed the configuration to use a triggered connection the eWon returned ot an offline state and would not respond to the wake up SMS messages.

Also, we noticed that the Summary screen in the eBuddy window shows that both the Internet and VPN are not configured. However, both are configured and not actively connected. Is this just a matter of how it is worded? Or is there another step after changing a configuration that must be done to ‘save’ the configuration to the unit?

What must be done to change the configuration to allow the modem connection to be triggered by the SMS wake up message?

I will be on site for the remainder of the week to make configuration changes and test connections.

Deryck,

I had posted a reply last evening but didn’t see it posted as of this morning. While on site yesterday I was able to re-run the wizards and establish a maintained modem connection and get the VPN connected and remotely access devices inside the LAN side of the eWON. However, when we switch to a triggered connection, the eWon goes offline and remains offline. It does not respond to the wake up SMS message. I tried it both through eCatcher software and directly from my phone.

A few other things of note: We had to cycle power to the unit several times. Each time it seemed that the Internet and VPN connections reverted to a status of NOT CONFIGURED on the summary page accessed through eBuddy.

Even after running the VPN wizard, we had to manually go in to the VPN connection and tell it to listen for incoming VPN requests and set the Talk2M account name.

We need to ensure that the configuration does not change on loss of power. We also need to determine why the unit does not respond the Wake up SMS message. Both of these issues need to be corrected this week.

Thank you,

Christopher T. Jones | ** CDMG ** **| ** Sr. Programmer – Automation

When you set the device to a triggered connection did you change it in eCatcher as well?

Also this document might help with the sms wake up message

https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/kb-0205-0-en-talk2m_wake_up_sms.pdf

-Tim

Hi Chris,

I think this topic should help with the setup

-Tim

The eCatcher software is set for a triggered connection.

After I’ve gone through the wizards and set the modem to a triggered connection via eBuddy on a different PC, I see the following status screens:

As you can see, no change in the status of the unit.

When I switch eBuddy back to a maintained connection, the eCatcher software changes the status as shown below. Note: the eCatcher connection type was not changed to maintained and is still set to triggered.

As another note: the modem connection via eBuddy shows a signal strength of 22 (I can’t transfer screenshots between PCs while on site). What other settings might need changed in order for the triggered connection to work properly? I can manually disconnect the modem while using the maintained connection, but then it immediately resets and returns to an active, online connection. I need to get this issue resolved ASAP, I am only on site until Friday of this week and this needs to be functional by that date.

Thank you

Christopher T. Jones | ** CDMG ** **| ** Sr. Programmer – Automation

Hi Chris,

Can you call me back when you get the chance. I think I figured out how to set it up on my end.

-Tim