Connecting to FactoryTalk via eWon Cosy131

Hi I have a eWon Cosy131 setup in the field, I am trying to upload the Panel View Plus 6 using Rockwell’s FactoryTalk ME Transfer Utility. When I expand the Ethernet tree it does not appear.

1. I can Ping the IP address of the HMI
  2. I have set up the ethernet driver in RSLinx and can see that it has been found
  3. I can connect to the HMI using RealVNC Viewer
  4. I can connect to the PLC on the machine

I see that the Upper Level in the Transfer Utility Ethernet Tree is different from the RsLinx tree. Do I have to go and configure a different driver for the FactoryTalk ME software?

Also, where do you keep work instructions for connecting to third party devices? Cognex Cameras, Keyence Cameras, SICK . . . I am currently working through trying to connect to all of the devices we use.

@R.Samp

It appears the remote access portion of your device is working.

The cosy 131 connects to many different devices and unfortunately we do not have documentation for every compatible device.

To connect to your cameras, I would use the same method that you typically use when you connect to them locally, for example typing the IP into your browser. As for the FactoryTalk ME software, I would try adding individual stations in Rslinx but ultimately you will need to consult the Rockwell documenation

1 Like

Joe,

I have gone into RsLinx and added the Ethernet configuration with the device ip’s. Like I stated I can connect to the PLC using studio 5000, but not to the HMI.

I have successfully connected to every other device so far, some take more work thatn others.

@R.Samp

I have noticed some HMIs are not compatible with our eWON’s PlugNRoute feature which allows you to communicate with the LAN devices of the eWON without setting their default gateway as the eWON’s LAN IP.

Note: Panelview HMIs typically do not require Plug N Route to be off

I would try disabling PlugNRoute in the eWON by navigating to Settings / Maintenance. In here, click the checkbox ‘show advanced options’ and then click the hyper link edit comcfg.

You will see a list of advanced parameters which you can search at the top right using the search box.
The parameter that we will need to change to disable PlugNRoute is Natitf.
Search for ‘Natitf’ and change its value to 2 and then click save.

To apply this change, you’ll need to reboot your eWON device.

Note: Your eWON’s LAN devices will now require you to setup their default gateway as the eWON’s LAN IP

Once the default gateway of your HMI is configured to be the eWON’s LAN IP then you should be good to test whether or not you can connect to your HMI.

Joe,

I did some research yesterday and it looks like I have to go into the communications settings in FactoryTalk and add the HMI.
I was going to try this, but the eWon we have in the field is currently off.

Sincerely,

@R.Samp

Thank you for the update

Joe,

I was able to set up the eWon we have in the office on a machine that we are building here, After adding the PVP700 to the Ethernet tree in FactoryTalk View Studio I was able to successfully upload the HMI project.

Sincerely,

1 Like