Data mailbox VPN

Does a Flexy unit need to be connected through VPN to upload values to the data mailbox? Or can it just be a valid Internet connection without the PVN?

I have a unit running that has an Internet connection and the log files say that the sync took place but I do not see anything in the data mailbox when I use the explorer app.

Hi Ted,

To be connected to Data Mailbox you’ll need to have a VPN connection linked to Talk2m

Is the VPN connection needed if we wanted to publish the information to our own web server or web API?

If it’s to write to your own server you should be able to do this with just an internet connection. It seems that requesthttpx still seems to function properly without it

Is it then possible to change the URL in the settings on the Data Management page that the data needs to go to and the data will upload as expected without the VPN connection?

For example change the address ewondata.talk2m.com to something else and the historical data will upload to other URL?

If you’re talking about modifying this page:

Then no that is not possible, it is expecting to only post to the data mailbox. What is it you’re trying to do?

That portion relies on the VPN connection being active correct? I would like to be able to send the historical information regardless of if the VPN is connected or not. As long as there is an active Internet connection then I would like to be able to upload the historical information.

Yeah, you’ll need a VPN connection to talk to the data mailbox. Maybe this post would be helpful for pushing data to something other than data mailbox:

Topic closed due to inactivity.