Datamailbox not syncing with Flexy

I just installed 2 new Flexy’s and neither of them are syncincing with Datamailbox. I have several other Flexy’s that are syncing properly. The only difference between these two and all of the others is that these ones are on Firmware 14.6s0. All the other Flexys are 14.5s1 or lower. Can you please help me get this working. I have attached the backups.

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (719 KB)
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (58.5 KB)

In each backup’s logs, there are hourly reports of data management exports. HorseshoeWTP has a cellular signal that’s below what we suggest for a stable connection and does have one set of errors that look like it tried to export data but wasn’t able to reach our servers, but otherwise the devices are reporting consistent data uploads.

Looking at the configuration, both have tags that are set to log with no deadband every 5 minutes. It also looks like both are set to upload tags from all groups to DataMailbox, so that’s not an issue. From the Ewon side, everything look good.

Why do you think neither of them are syncing? If you download data from DataMailbox, are both devices missing? Are you certain you’re downloading data from the right account, and not filtering out data from these new Ewons?

If you log into eCatcher, can you check your DataMailbox usage under Account on the left, in the section Credit & Contract?

Data mailbox usage is at 2%.

I have a script that pulls all the tags from all the eWons on my account which runs flawlessly every hour. I just don’t get anything from these two new ones.

I also have an excel file that runs an API macro to pull in all of the tags from all the eWons. This also runs fine but the 2 new eWons don’t even show up in the JSON response. It’s as though they don’t exist.

I only have 1 account with 27 eWons. All of which come through no problem. I have added other eWons to my account (on older firmware) and they automatically come through.

It’s just these two with the newest firmware.

However, I have set these up to transfer tags from one eWon to the other using the WebAPI, as mentioned in this thread. How to share data between 2x Flexy - #2 by jseanor

Could this be interfering with the Datamailbox upload?

I don’t think it’s likely the sync script is interfering with the DataMailbox upload because the same issue seems to be happening on HorseshoeWTP, which does not have the sync script running, and I don’t think the small transfers necessary to update just three tag values would monopolize the connection and prevent DataMailbox from working. That said, I do think it’d be worthwhile stopping the script for a few hours to rule this out, if that’s possible for these Ewons.

I’d like to check on the device’s historical logging, since it looks like uploads are happening but apparently no data is coming through. Can you log into one of the Ewons and navigate to Diagnostic → Files Transfer, then select a file for one of the tags whose data you expect to see in DataMailbox? If the tag is Distribution_Pressure, the filename would be irc_Distribution_Pressure.txt. What do this file’s contents look like?

Are there any changes that have been made to the script running on HorseshoeWTP? I see a fair number of BASIC related errors in the realtime logs, but they don’t seem to line up with the program in the backup. Here are a few errors that don’t make sense with the version of the script I’m looking at:

• ENDIF expected (29) 18 : End If
  • ‘=’ expected (3) : Water_Tower_Level@
  • variable not found (16) : Print WT_Start

Would you be open to updating the firmware of one of the working Ewons? If this is related to firmware version, it could be a bug that needs to be reported. This would let us know if updating the firmware introduces an issue to a previously working setup.

Could you try downloading MyCSVHistorian from the Ewon Techforum? I want to check on the data in DataMailbox with a tool straight from Ewon to rule out issues with the script and Excel sheet.

I did try stopping the Basic script to see if it would transfer but it did not work.

All of the tags have the historical data as expected, here is the Distribution Pressure file.
irc_Distribution_Pressure.txt (53.2 KB)

The Basic errors were prior to finalizing the script.

The issue with trying to downgrade the Firmware is that I need to be local to the device which is a 2 hour drive from where I am, so it is only an option if there isn’t another fix.

MyCSVHistorian is the main script that I use to pull in all the data from all my ewons which has always worked perfectly.

I have also tried the DMWeb_v3.1_Token which does the same thing, all of my eWons except for these two show up.

Could you submit a ticket at https://support.hms-networks.com/ so we can take a closer look at what’s going on here? I’m interested in seeing the requests you’re sending to DataMailbox to retrieve your data. From everything we can tell, the Ewons are working properly and data should be getting uploaded, so our thinking right now is something isn’t working right with the request and data is getting excluded.

Do you have a Talk2M Pro account? If so, are your Ewons divided into groups?

Yes I have a Pro account and yes they are in groups.

I have a new Flexy that I just configured as a test on Firmware 14.5s1. I can’t get the data from this one either. I have another Flexy on this firmware which is working fine.

Could it be a Datamailbox issue? All the data from the all the other existing Flexy’s are coming through as expected. Last update was at 4pm.

It doesnt seem to want to add new Flexy’s to my account.

Where did you get the token you’re using for your requests? Depending on how your devices are organized, you may need a new token for the pool containing the Ewons you’ve added but aren’t getting data from. You can generate a new token in eCatcher by going to Account on the left, hitting Show Advanced Settings, then hitting Manage under API tokens. When you create a new token, select the device pool containing your new Ewons. Try using this token to request data from DataMailbox.

Hugh, you’re a life saver. That was the problem. When adding the new Flexy’s to my account, I added them to their Pools but I forgot to also add them to the Device Pool that contains all of my Flexy’s. Once I added them to the Device Pool, all the Data showed up. Thanks for the help.

Glad to hear you were able to get it working! Let us know if you run into any other issues.