eWON COSY work fine but now I get - VPN tunnel error:> STATE: 1550590140,WAIT,,,

Hi, the COSY has been installed for a few weeks and everything seemed to work well when first installed. However, today I attempted to connect to it and now I get the error listed in the title and can’t get connected. What should I try?

Hi,

If you are using the web2m login page are you getting the same error?

https://m2web.talk2m.com/

-Zach

Hi Zach,

Using Talk2M I can get to the login screen and the status shows everything is OK. However, my guy at that plant can’t remember the login info he gave it when he set it up or at least the login he gave me is not working. Is there a way to reset the password remotely?

Is this the password for login into the device or login into the talk2m account? If it is the device you can try user: adm pass: adm since those are the defaults. Otherwise a user reset will be required and someone has to be physically at the device to press the reset button.

The direction to preform a user reset are found on page 27 of this document.

Hi Zach,

My guy who is physically near the eWON can connect to it using ecatcher on the local wifi network with his login credentials. However, when he tries to connect using Talk2M and the same credentials, he cannot log in to the eWON. He gets past the initial login screen but when he tries to login to the specific eWON he gets an invalid login/password message. I cannot get in either way remotely.

It sounds like you are getting stopped at the device login page. This is separate from your Talk2m account. if adm does not work as the username and password then someone has changed the default login for the device. If that is so and you have someone on site I suggest creating a backup on eBuddy(without the supporting files) and preform a user reset like in the document I had linked you. That will set the device back to the default login username and password.

-Zach

K. We will do that but that doesn’t fix the problem with the VPN tunnel. Ecatcher still doesn’t connect remotely. The IT folks here say there was some changes made recently. What should I look for? What could be preventing me from creating the VPN tunnel when it used to work? Thanks.

Hi,

You can have them look at this document and make sure the ports we use for the connection are open and that they whitelist *.talk2m.com

Zach,

I ran the Talk2M Connection Checker and the results are below. Does this indicate a problem?

Hi,

With an invalid Talk2M login try checking the correct account name and username were used in the checker. This is your Talk2M account information and not the ewon login that it is asking for.

I’m surprised by this. I know I’m using the correct account name, username and password for my Talk2M account. I’ve also tried the username and password for the plant floor guy and I get the same outcome. Do you have any suggestions? Should I set up a new username and password?

Hi Zach,

I created another user under my account and tried that as well. I’m still getting “Invalid Client” when I use the Talk2M Checker. The last time I had issues like this someone called me and then remoted into my computer and the problem was solved in minutes. I’ve very frustrated at this point. I don’t see why there is a problem with something that worked fine last week…

Hi,

Try replacing the ovpn file as done in this post.

Zach,

I tried the suggested file replacement and no change. I am now at home on a different network and I get a new error in ecatcher (below). Does this help? Also, we have three users defined and I’ve tried each one’s login credentials and still get “Invalid Client” when I try the connection checker.

Yes, check your network settings and make sure your tap adapter is called “Talk2m-eCatcher” like the picture.
Tap%20adapter