EWon flexy with a new SIM card

HI,
I have been using a Flexy with an AT&T SIM card. Everything has worked well but I need to go to a pay-as-you go SIM card. So, I selected a Gigsky Data SIM that says it can be used with “any unlocked compatible GSM device”. I believe this means it should work with the Flexy?

Flexy part number: FLB3202_01/S
Flexy firmware version 11.2s2

It appears to be connecting, albeit to a T-Mobile network.

In Ecatcher, the Talk2M connection is not being made. I have the connection type set to Permanent (LAN/ADSL/3G)

Any idea why my Flexy is not showing up in Talk2M?

Thanks in advance…

@johnd_125

If the SIM card is 3G GSM compatible then it should work if it can get signal.

Is the device offline in eCatcher?
Are you able to pass the internet wizard in the eWON flexy?

If you can pass the internet wizard, try the Talk2M wizard to see what feedback that wizard provides.

1 Like

This is the SIM card I would like to use:
Gigsky%20SIM%20Card

The device is offline in eCatcher.
The internet wizard fails in the Flexy setup. It says it cannot establish a WAN connection.

It appears I have a connection to T-Mobile network, but then it says, “no network” right beside that.

I’m at a loss. Thanks for your help.

@johnd_125

Thank you for the detailed information.

The signal strength value is 6 which is really low. The recommended signal strength is 14 so I would advise moving the antenna or device to a location where you can get better signal strength.

Additionally, the Access Point Name (APN) will absolutely need to be correct so double check that with your mobile network operator if you are unsure if ‘gigsky’ is the APN assigned to your SIM card.

We have detailed topic on how to setup a cellular connection and it does go over the main causes of a lack of connection: Setting up Cellular Connection

I think the problem is resolved. I re-initialized the modem and apparently that helped it to better recognize the new SIM card. Not only that but it also linked up to AT&T which is a stronger provider in this area.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like