EWON Tag Generator file not up to date

Hi,

I download your Excel file “eWON TAG GENERATOR REV5”. I don’t know if you still recommand to use this file to create ewon var list instead of creating them in the web interface (much longer) ?
I saw it on one of your website so I understand it is still “usable”.

As you can see in this picture below, I download the variable list from my Flexy and I see that, at some point, the name of one column and data in the column are shifted.

(For example :
“Adress” is the column where the variable adress is supposed to be. OK
“MemTag” is the column where I need to have 1 if my Tag is a MEM Tag, 0 if not. Not OK, these data are in the column “Albool” … )

Is it due to one new parameter in the Tag definition (new firmware) that is not supported in the Excel file or it is something else ?

Thank’s

Hello,

Generally I don’t recommend that people use the Tag Generator because it’s not something that was developed by HMS, but there are a couple of things that might be helpful to check. Are you on the new FW 14.0? If you are then that one will have a few additional columns that are not present in the generator.

Here’s a couple of posts that go over how to add/modify tags by going through excel/notepad in filezilla that might be helpful too.

Hi Tim,

Thank’s for the help.

I saw Version 6 of this Tag Generator and now It is working. It’s working but only for Tag import. When I want to send my Tag list to the Flexy, one Excel popup appears and says “FTP File Error”.

But ok, I understand it is not an official tool. I will do the import with this file (quite usefull if you want to see if your Tag config is ok), then I will construct my config.txt and implement it in the Flexy.

Thank’s

You’re welcome!

let me know if you run into anymore issues with setting these up

-Tim