Firmware questions

Hello,

We have basic code running on two Flexy 201 units.

When the code is uploaded, it is identical except for A$ and B$. However, the newest firmware seems to ‘prune’ the lines that are missing from he left side when uploaded.

Attached are the exported code files. Is this a known issue with the Firmware version?

Missing “End” command is possibly causing some errors with their program.

Left is 13.2s1 Right is 13.2s0.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Brian

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

mendham.bas (3.6 KB)

3 rivers.bas (3.67 KB)

Hi Brian,

I would recommend moving away from using sections and “goto” just because I’ve seen some issues with these in the past.

Can you try and make these changes:

Change ONTIMER 1, “GOTO STARTSYNC”
To this: ONTIMER 1, “@STARTSYNC()”

Then replace “STARTSYNC” with this: Function STARTSYNC() and replace the END with ENDFN.

If you have any questions can I jump on a teamviewer with you and go over some of these changes?

Thanks,
-Tim

Hi Tim,

I will happily pass this along, however do you know why the firmware is changing the code once it’s updated?

Both devices should be generating the same output, but only the one on r0 is outputting the correct data.

Thanks,

Brian

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

I’m not entirely sure why there would be a difference once the firmware changes, but you could try and just copy it into a notepad doc and then copy and paste it into the new device’s Basic section. They should be getting the same output though

That was what was tested first and it seems to be removing that section automatically.

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

That’s really strange, What firmware are the devices on?

The ‘good’ one is on 13.2s0 and the ‘bad’ one is on 13.2s1

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

Not sure why it would be deleting them, but could you add in the missing sections and hit the run button again to see if they stay?

That’s what was tested yesterday.

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

is the basic section responding on the 13.2s1 device?

If you go into the console command and do something like this:

a% = 1
Print a%

Does anything show up or does it stay blank

Would it be possible to schedule a call for Friday to look at this

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

That works for me, is there a time that works for you?

I am available now.

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER

Any time before 1 PST

BRIAN COSPER

NETWORK ENGINEER