Flexy setup for 3g

Hi,
I have a couple of existing eWON Flexy’s at a number of locations, they are using viewON to display their Allen Bradley channel values.

They now want to use cellular to gain access to this information, I have purchased the 3G cards for the locations, I created an eCatcher but for some strange reason it wont allow me to login.

I also plan on getting ATT sim cards for each Flexy, when I go to ATT to setup the accounts for the sim cards is there anything special that I should tell them about what the sim cards are being used for?

Is their anything else that I need to know to getting these Flexy’s up and running 3G?

Thanks in advance,
Chip

Hello Chip,

What do you mean by having trouble logging in to your account? Has the eCatcher account been activated? You should have recieved an email regarding the activation of the new eCatcher account.

For cellular connections to the Flexy, you will need a GSM SIM card. I would also discuss with them their timeline of eliminating 3G. Many networks are phasing 3G for 4G and 5G networks.

Ensure that you have full reception for your cellular access. Flexys require an 18 GSM level to maintain connection to internet. If the service is spotty, the then device will encounter internet conneciton issues.

I have also provided the link to our APN list.

Hi Kevin,
I found my problem with the login, I was using “adm” instead of “admin” once I used the correct username I was able to get in with out any problems.

I would change to 4 or 5G but we already have the 3G hardware and the sites will me monitored only a couple of times a week.

When the customer logs in will they be able to see the viewOn display?

Also I understand that the customer needs to pay for the cellular service, but is the cost for the Talk2M account?

Hello,

Yes, when the customer connects to the device through eCatcher. You can have the default webpage set to be the ViewON webpage.

I have attached our documents for SMS messaging. If you are sending a text message through cellular, it does not incur any cost through eCatcher.

Topic closed due to inactivity.