Historical logging

I created a tag called “uptime” and enabled historical logging every 60 sec.
Looking under “Files Transfer” I can see a file called “irc_” + tagname + .txt.

Is this where the logged data goes?
Will it just go too this file forever or does it split files every so often?

My goal is to be able to download a file containing logged data from the Flexy’s Web Gui, so maybe you could guide me in the right direction for this so that I won’t run out of memory without knowing e.t.c

Yes this data is kept in that file and you can download it from the GUI. The file doesn’t split but will be overwritten if it runs out of memory. You can expand the space significantly for historical logging by adding an SD card, or you can export the data manually or automatically with a script.

Kyle

If it runs out of Memory and starts overwriting, how will it do that?
Completely delete the file and start creating a new one, or overwrite line by line starting with the oldest? Further info here would be great.

Where do I best see how much of the memory is used/left for these log files?
I can see the “Status/System Counters/Memory Information” page, but I’m unclear on which one of these to look at?

It will overwrite the oldest data in the file first, not the entire file.

You are looking in the right place for the memory info. Those files are stored in the root directory so you would have to look at the total available memory to get an idea if it was filling up. You can use ftp to download/check exact file size.

When adding an SD Card, do I need to specify to write the historical logging file to the SD card instead of default?

Yes,

The SD card expands the /usr directory, so you would either need to have the file copied every few days or so, OR you can create a report and save it whenever you want, daily, weekly, etc.

This is how to install the SD card:

And here is a sample script that will write the historical logs to a text file in the /usr directory.

Kyle

where is the sample script ?

Not sure what happened to it, but there is a good example here: