HMS-EN2MB-R Username

I don’t see the old config in the tree. Just to be clear, we want to leave the old module config and create a new one.

The one you see is the old configuration. I was in the middle of creating the new configuration when the prompt for the user authentication popped up.

Gotcha. I’m going to check with sales and see how they want to handle this. Thanks for all your patience. I’ll get back with you in a little bit.

I repeated the new module creation, but this time I saved the configuration first so you can see the new module in the I/O Configuration tree.

Thanks. I contacted sales to see what we can do. One question I do have for you though, did you uninstall v20 of Studio before you installed v33 or did you do an in place upgrade?

I did and upgrade because I still need v20 for other projects.

Did you create a new project or use the same one?

I used the old project.

I just created a new project for the heck of it – no change.

I’d like to have you return the HMS-EN2MB-R in exchange for the AB9006, which is the same hardware, but with a web interface instead of the Add-On Profile. You’d just add the module using the EDS file and it would map the input and output blocks in Studio. The functionality on the Modbus Client is the same. It’s a very simple and reliable device that we’ve offered for years.

I’m just working with Customer Service on the logistics. I don’t think there is much of a difference in price. Is that something you’d be willing to do?

That would work for me. I did throw away the original packaging.

Not a problem. I’m just waiting to hear back from them for instructions and then I’ll forward them to you. Thanks for your patience.

I spoke to Nolan and he told me that he recommended you return the HMS-EN2MB-R for a credit and then use that to purchase the AB9006. Did you need any help with that?

I submitted a RMA request with my distributor. I’ll let you know if I need help.

Dale

Great, thank you for the update.

I have tried all of the above and having the same issue with no resolution. I am in a remote location in Alaska and mailing it in and ordering a new one is kind of a last resort. My serial number to my unit is A0477065