Ignition connector

I’ll continue this thread just because it’s of the same topic:

It seems like the connector has the ability to read the tag’s metadata. Specifically, I am interested in reading the tag unit (as was inroduced in firmware 14.0>) and the tag description, and be able to access it in Ignition. Currently, the only values that are read from m2web and placed in the ignition-tag-instance is the tag name and tag value. I would like to add the tag unit and ag description for each of my tags (without having to do it manually). How can this be achieved?

(Attached photo shows the ignition-tag- instance data).

Hi,

Currently, it is not possible to retrieve the tag unit via the Talk2M/M2Web APIs, so the connector will not be able to automatically populate the tag unit (EngUnit on Ignition).

Since the tag description is available via the APIs though, I am currently working on adding functionality to the connector to support populating the tag documentation and tooltip fields automatically from the tag description on Flexy. I will let you know when this added functionality is finished and available.

Version 1.1.12 of the connector has been released, and it includes automatic synchronization of the Ewon tag description to the tag documentation and tooltip tag fields on Ignition.

It can be downloaded here: https://github.com/hms-networks/IgnitionEwonConnector/releases/tag/Ignition-8-1.1.12

Thanks Alex, I’ll check it out! For now i’ll add the unit to the description. Hopefully you’ll eventually add the units to the M2web API :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help. I’ll let you know if anything else comes up with the connector.

Topic closed due to inactivity.