Is RTSP IP camera feed in possible in viewON?

I bought an encoder that takes my analog camera’s feed and produces the following RTSP feed, which I can view in VLC Media Player:
“rtsp://IP address:554/profile1”
This does not seem to work in viewON. However, viewON shows a different IP camera’s stream, over HTTP, with the following url:
http://IP address:6677/videofeed?username=&password=”
Searching through documentation and hms.how, it seems I need an encoder that will “stream over HTTP without any plug-ins” (found at My IP camera works with ecatcher but not with m2web - #5 by Ludovic_Legendre).

Hence, I wanted to confirm that this is the case. If so, do you have any suggestions how I could convert the RTSP feed to an HTTP one? Or get this feed showing any other way? If none of this is possible, any suggestions for an IP encoder that can do this?

Thanks!

Are you trying to view the Viewon page through eCatcher or M2Web. The thread you referenced is regarding M2Web connections, which don’t use a VPN but instead use a proxy.

For our final product, clients will be accessing the viewON page using M2Web. However, we may like to see the feed via eCatcher in some situations.

Although it would be great to be able to see the camera using both, it is more important that we have the camera feed using M2Web.

Yes for M2Web that’s correct - You need to use HTTP for the video feed. I have no experience converting video feeds. That would require some research to find out if it’s possible. Usually our customers will use a camera that works over straight HTTP out of the box. Axis is a popular brand that I’m aware of.

Thanks!

After a long search, I think I found the solution in the Axis M7011. I just wanted to ask if you were aware of this being successfully used. Their tech support says it has have video and image HTTP streams without plugins, as you said in another thread work well [with viewON] in Chrome or Firefox browser:

(Also, for anyone reading with a similar issue to mine; ask Axis’ tech support about the M7011’s no plug-in HTTP video stream not described in the online manual.)

Thanks for the feedback! I think this is one reason why the Axis cameras are very popular with our users, and yes, I have seen them integrated with ViewON over M2Web.

1 Like