Issue -Web interface is not working correctly

Hello,

Can you provide a back up with support files of the unit?

This can be done by using eBuddy while connected to the unit.

-Kevin

Hi Kevin – thanks for the swift response!

Client has asked for some changes to emails.

I am having issues with GUI not writing/displaying correctly – I cannot access the tags, nor other sections, such as the Basic IDE

Often cannot access anything without a Reboot - I have tried both Chrome and explorer - remote laptop is older [ win7 ] but my other GUI programs are running correctly.

I get this screen sometimes, with no access to any functions – except reboot on occasion:

Screen display is inconsistent – as above .vs. below

This screen behavior [ where the menu pops out to the right ] I can access the planner – but not much else.

I am also having issues with the planner , I can only access it after a reboot

Backup attached.

We can use teamviewer to access if you want to see in realtime

Thanks!!

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (458 KB)

Hello,

I see many errors in the event logs occurring on the BASIC IDE script. This is most like the cause of UI issues, as the BASIC script and errors are using a lot of the processing power.

You can confirm this, but disabling the script, disabling autorun, and rebooting the unit.

Thanks Kevin

Will do and advise.

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Hi There

I cannot get in to disable anything – gonna delete the bas file and reboot

Thanks!

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Hello,

Let me know how it works out.

Hi There

Had to replace the bas file with a REM file

Same results after rebooting

Exactly what errors are you seeing in the basic execution?

Thanks~

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Hello.

This is a screenshot of the error logs showing within 1 minute:

You have several errors occurring at the same time.

Hi There

Here’s the BU file with the REM bas file

Still getting a stack of errors….

M

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (457 KB)

Hello,

I don’t see any of those error yesterday.

You have some FTP errors regarding data type, but that is about it. Are you able access the web interface?

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the help – I can reach the web interface – but I still cannot see the tags – am able to access the planner .

The FTP errors may be related to the program.bas changes I was making.

I believe the earlier mass of errors was related to a bad varlst file I tried adding emails and uploading a new varlst. Finally had to do a find and replace in the backup tar file and copied that over.

I expected the web interface would work now – but it still doesn’t - here I clicked on Values – this is the screen

Then clicked on setup then Main – the sub-menu appears – but on the side not as usual to the right

Hit refresh on the browser [Chrome] re-logged in and went to setup | Main and got this

I was able to access all the Main menu items

Tested Communications and the sub-menu also popped out correctly and was able to access all items

Storage worked - tried to erase BASIC program – but got an error: Invalid erase password

Then tried to access Alarms – was able to access both items

Clicked on Tags/Values – nothing – the nwent to setup|main and it’s back to the funky interface and no reaction

Hit refresh – relogged in an back to “normal” except Tags Values

Refreshed -and login

Tried diagnostics – scheduled actions and same issue arose – [ refresh relogin and things are normal until accessing

Backups 1 before I started and the A version after I went thru the above.

I did see an SNMP error at midnight EDT which is an automated email in the planner. My email server is not fond of basic (POP type) emails, y’all should consider improving that section to support more secure email protocols. As wel las may be pat of the slow connection we have out there [ we’re on a IoT cellular link via 3rd party modem. Not an eWON Cell card ] so speeds are variable slow :blush:

Thanks again for your help.

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (455 KB)

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (456 KB)

Hello,

Another issue i see is your Tag count is above our recommended 350 tag counts. Given the high tag count, that could attribute to the value pages not loading correctly as well.

The delay in the Web Interface is most likely caused by the high amount of Tag polling.

You can keep this as the data is being tracked, its more or less an issue of it being displayed.

Thanks Kevin

This is a new issue? This has been running for 2 yrs with this count and I didn’t have issues before, when accessing the Tag list via the interface.

I cannot find where this is a documented limitation. If it is, we need to know what the limitations are – as we have a lot of these deployed and have been working on expanding this test program out to other sites.

I might be able to trim the list down, but your documentation should clearly state that although you can enter 1000 tags – it will only work properly with 350.

I cannot even edit any of the Tags now – so how would I delete any of them? The varlst is so poorly designed [ semi-colon .vs. industry standard comma ] that recreating it is a pita with excel or notepad.

This is a serious bug in the system – and has cost me a lot of time, chasing non-existent issues on my end.

I appreciate the help!!

If you could raise this as a bug issue it might help the other poor sods out there :blush:

Again – I really appreciate the help!

Take care

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Hello,

I can log the bug, and create an escalation for it today.

I apologize for the inconvenience/

Thanks Kevin

That would be great - I really do not want to reduce my count.

Also they need to know that a capacity of 1500 and a real # of 350 is not an attractive ratio.

I am at 4 minute logging – if I change that to 5 minutes, would that improve the performance?

I also only log 66 of the 468 – the rest is for alarm notification.

Take care!

M

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Good Morning Kevin

Is there a way to turn off the auto-run basic program? – I have replaced the program.bas with a null program file.

I still am unable to access the basis IDE screen.

As in, a flag in the config file I can change?

Thanks!!

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

You can configure “PRGAUTORUN” to 0

This is under the SYSTEM CFG. Just type in the name search field, and it should show up.

Hi Kevin

So set it to 1 to disable autorun?

It is set to 1 now

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

Hello Kinolt,

My apologies. It should set to 0. I will make the correction.

Thanks Kevin

That didn’t affect access to the Basic DIE screen or tag screen [ I did a reboot after changing the parameter]

Another one down - :blush:

image003.jpg

image004.jpg