Log Status Of Production Machine - Best Practice?

I am currently logging status (Good/Bad part DINTs, Alarm DINT, Running BOOL, etc.) of remote running production machines. I log the values using Historical Logging by time base (not dead band). I export the Historical Tables as needed and dump them into Excel to manipulate into graphs that show what I want, basically a charted “timeline” graph showing what the machine was doing that day. That Excel document is then sent to recipients that are not local to the production machine and do not connect to the Flexy at all. Do you have any information on best practices to achieve my desired outcome as far as showing a timeline of machine status/events/production? I don’t yet use Data Mailbox to get the data, I can look into that later, but as far as outputting something fairly high level like a timeline is there a desired method to use? I guess what it boils down to is the Flexy gives me a substantial list of records of the above data, is there a way to automate (preferably on board the Flexy) the task of processing those records into machine uptime/downtime totaling parts made (in such a way that if the tag is zeroed during the day the total is correct) and summarizing the alarm history for the day? My thought is this would be a big ask for being done inside the Flexy but you guys have surprised me before in finding new methods of putting these to great use. Thanks in advance.

Hi @cbates

The easiest way to do this would probably be to create a tag that reads the status of the device that you’re connecting to and then do a historical log of this.

That’s not the status I am looking for. I’m looking for best practices of an overall data collection scheme as described in the original question. Thanks.

Hello,

Tim is in training today but I am looking over this issue.

Your explanation in your original post is a bit unclear. What I understand is you are currently logging data in the flexy then sending it out as a CSV. Is this via Email? You are then pulling the CSV data into excel to create a timeline graph of the data. Is this correct? What does the timeline consist of?

We do not have a recommended best practice as customers requirements vary from customer to customer. You can do some data processing on the flexy in the basic IDE. We have this topic showing how to create custom graphs in html. HOW TO: Create advanced custom HTML reports

Some customers push the data out to a third party that can handle this. We have a few partners that handle data processing. Canary labs is one that comes to mind that might get the graphs your are looking for. https://www.canarylabs.com/

We also have connectors for ignition and mindsphere. Our sales team might be able to help you find an option that works best. @us_sales

Regards,
Deryck