Need to talk flexy 205 to another flexy 205

Hello, can I get some advice on this project:
We have two lift stations, both can be fitted with a flexy and using cell connections. Can I make one of the flexy units send data to the other without any intervention by anyone? If s, how?

Hi Tom,

This should help

-Tim

Thanks. Two questions now:

1. I understand I would need to have a Talk2M Developer ID, what does it take to get that?

2. Why can’t I just send a text from one to the other and pick off the info from the text message using BASIC?

-All our have SMS chips for SIM cards.

So, I filled out the form for a developed ID. However, I stated in the description what i want to do will amount to maybe 150 data exchanges per day. THen later in the application on another page, it said limited to 30.000 per day…???

Is that a typo? why the decimal 000 ??? Did they mean 30,000 per day?

And, what do you think of the idea of doing this VIA text messages, since I have sms SIM cards anyway?

Help

TD

Hi Tom,

I was talking with Simon that wrote that post, I guess in Europe they sometimes use periods and commas interchangeably. That limit is more of an approximation of 30,000 exchanges per day, but if you’re only doing 150 per day, you should be fine.

I can’t think of a reason why you couldn’t send data from one Flexy to another but if there’s already code written to do it the other way, I think it would be easier to follow Jordan’s example.

-Tim