Polling data from multiple devices

Hello,

Can you please confirm that it is possible to poll the data from 2 PLCs which have the IP addresses 192.168.77.XXX and 192.168.151.XXX by the OPC UA protocol using the NAT 1:1 on LAN.

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

Can you provide a diagram of the network topology?

If the eWON’s LAN IP is 196.168.X.X with a 255.255.0.0 subnet mask then it will be able to communicate with both those PLCs at the same time if they are on the same LAN. I’m not entirely sure how you would be using NAT 1:1 in this situation so a diagram of the network topology should help here.

Hi Joe,

Below you can find the network topology diagram link.

Network topology diagram.pdf (56.3 KB)

We need to poll the data from the Ligne 1-6 and the Prod 1-2 PLCs by the OPC UA protocol.
Can we do it with the Flexy 205 which is connected to the Unmanaged switch above the PLCs?

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

The eWON is above the ‘managed switch’ in the diagram?
If so, I can see this working if you use a 255.255.0.0 subnet mask on your eWON flexy.

Also, are you polling the PLCs and then using the OPC-UA server to publish data to the clients which would be Ligne 1-6?

Sorry, it’s managed switch.
That time it will work with the 255.255.0.0 subnet mask, right?
After polling the PLCs we would like to create the .csv file reports and send them by FTP or by Email.

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

Yes, a 255.255.0.0. subnet mask on the eWON will put the eWON in the same subnet as all those devices.
I’m assuming line 1-6 are OPC-UA clients.

The eWON can send emails (with an internet connection) and FTP CSV files locally or to a public IP address if needed.

No, Lignes 1-6 and Prod 1-2 are the PLCs TM241CEC24R by Schneider Electric.
Can we poll the data from them by OPC UA or by Modbus TCP protocols?

Thank you.

@denis_kaliberov

Yes, you can poll data using modbus TCP or using OPC-UA.

If there’s an OPC-UA server publishing the data, the eWON can now act as an OPC-UA client as well on firmware version 12.3s1 or later.

A post was split to a new topic: Report directly to SQL database