Problem connecting to Netbiter EC350 with QuickConnect

Hi

I have a WAGO PLC connected to the Netbiter Local LAN port. How do I access that? Do you maybe have a document with an example how to set it up?

I can’t establish a bridge connection to it with QuickConnect. I keep getting the same errors as per attachment below. All 3 messages basically appear at the same time. Am I doing something wrong?

Online with Argos the Netbiter is setup as a bridge with LAN IP: 192.168.2.101 with Netmask: 255.255.255.0

And then just to set test the IP set for TCP/UDP port forwarding is set to: 192.168.2.*

My Laptop local IP is 192.168.1.99

If I connect to the Netbiter via QuickConnect by setting up a TCP Port Forwarding channel it connects to the Netbiter successfully. Using the settings as shown in the picture as well.

Thanks so much in advance.

Kind Regards

Hello,

If you are only trying to connect to the WAGO plc though the VPN tunnel I recommend taking a look at the Remote Access User Manual

If you are trying to read data off of the plc for logging, Alarming and/or to create a dashboard I recommend using the Argos Admin Manual.

In regards to the error you are seeing this is typically seen when the connection you are trying to establish though Quickconnect does not match the configuration set in Argos and synchronized to the device. Based on your description it does sound set up correctly.

Do you have a Tap adapter called Quickconnect Network Bridge? If not you will want to rename the Tap adapter installed with Quickconnect. Here is a doc that should help. quickconnect-in-windows-10-or-xp.pdf (208.8 KB)

If you provide me with the system ID of you Netbiter I can take a look at the configuration and advise you on what the issue could be.

Hi Deryck

Thanks so much for your reply.

The adapter was installed, but I did not see anywhere that I had to rename it. Will quickly try connecting again and will get back to you if it still does not work.

This is a demo device that we got from Indsol to test out.

Kind Regards

Tinus

Thanks so much, that is all it was. Renamed it and now its working.

Can I just reply here if I do run in any other problems?

Have a great weekend.

Hello,

This is an issue with windows 10 where the installer fails to rename the adapter automatically.

Yes, feel free to post any follow up questions here or create a new topic.

Best regards,
Deryck

Good morning Deryck

Thanks so much, appreciate your help.

Have a great week.

Kind Regards

Tinus