RE: Bitumar COSY131 going offline intermittently

Simon,

My e-mails to you from Bitumar account is still not going through so I am trying form my gmail account. See attached backup files.

thanks,

Evan Steeves

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (191 KB)

Hello,

Can you try what Jordan suggests in the final post of this topic?

Tim,

this doesn’t seem to be the same problem we are experiencing as we lose communication intermittently. Were you able to look at our support files to confirm this fix? We are working on fixing this issue remotely, and so I do not want to do something that may result in us losing our communication with the device permanently as we do not have anyone on site right now.

thanks,

Evan

We had seen some of the dns issues be fixed when upgrading to the 13.2 firmware but it does seem strange that the device would be having these issues if it’s a 3g/4g card. Is there anybody there local to the site that we could walk through doing an upgrade?

no, definitely not; we would need to wait until our next visit on site which may be a while. Anything we can try remotely first?

Evan

You could try going into the vpn wizard and forcing TCP instead of UDP. the packet correction of TCP might fix this issue

Hello,

Just wanted to see if this was still an issue or if I can close this case,

Thanks,
-Tim

Hey Tim,

Appreciate the follow-up…We ended up removing the eWON in favor af a Secomea unit which has been working flawlessly since - , not sure if the eWON firmware was the problem, but our other eWON unit seems to work fine at our other plant.

Evan

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the update just wanted to make sure that the some of the older tickets were taken care of