Seting up modbus IO server for Siemens

@anonvasxyuwr
Hi,

Just to put in a review we have setup the PLCs to communicate though modbus IO server on the Flexy.
We have been able to connect with multiply PLCs and change the tag values.

I will look into the changign of the port to see if anything else can be done.

Hello Zach,

This is correct and thank you very much for your assistance. I will appreciate that be informed once the issue related to using an IP port other than 502 has been resolved.

Best regards,

Hi,

I received a response and the port can be changed but it has to be done in the advance settings in the modbus io server as show in the following.

Zach,

Thank you for sharing this information. I have done several tests, attempting to set more than one tcpport without success. What is the correct syntax? It seems like one port only other than 502 might be configured using the syntax you have provided: tcpport:504

FYI, while attempting to communicate through 3 distinct ports simultaneously, I have tried all of the three syntaxes below and none of them have worked:

1.  tcpport:504,505,506

2.  tcpport:504;505;506

3.  tcpport:504

tcpport:505

tcpport:506

Best regards,

Christian C.L. Lurhakumbira

Hi Christian,

You can only have one Modbus TCP port enabled, also each time that you change the port it will require a reboot.

Typically when this is done, all TCP ports for the PLCs are the same and just have different Slave ID or IP addresses.

Thank you for clarifying. I will modify my PLC programs accordingly.

Best regards,

Welcome!

Please let us know if you run into any other issues with this one

-Tim

Tim,

I have one more question for you. Is it possible to import/upload several tags from a file with extension .csv or .txt?

Tim,

I was able to resolve one of my issues related to the connection of flexy205 to more than 3 PLCs. Only one question needs an answer from you… Is it possible to import/upload several tags from a file with extension .csv or .txt into flexy205?

Hello Tim,

It would be great to be able to connect to at least four PLCs at a time. Given the fact that flexy205 allows only three configurable Topics (A, B and C) for MODBUS IO Server, does this means that we are limited to only be able to connect to a maximum of three PLCs at a time? Is there a way to add a fourth configurable “Topic”?

Best regards,

Hey Christian,

This should give you a good idea on how to create tags by going through the Flexy’s FTP with a csv or txt.

to add more than 3 PLCs then you would just be defining them in the individual tag setups and more or less ignore the Topic name. As long as the topic is enabled, whatever is written in the address should overwrite the info and let the tag read from other PLCs

Hey Tim,

I have the feeling that you have forwarded to me an answer from someone else issue. Can you please double check your response? I know how to create or add tags. However, I would like to import/upload tags from a .cvs or .txt file. If you could describe or show me how to do this, I will greatly appreciate it.

Hey Christian,

In that post above it goes over how to add tags to the flexy through a .csv or .txt file. The example uses filezilla and you’re basically just going to be grabbing either the var_lst.csv or var_lst.txt (doesn’t matter which one) and then pushing that file back onto the flexy to add the tags after you’ve modified it.

I’d recommend setting up a tag first before you do this to use as an example. But this is the section I was talking about in the post above:

Also with this method, you cannot delete tags, it will only create new ones

Good afternoon Tim,

I have finally almost completed my project which includes 4 to 6 Modbus servers (PLCs) in addition to Flexy-205 as client. Flexy 205 is able to monitor data from all PLCs. However, connections do not seem stable. I am looking for a command or a script syntax which will allow to schedule automatic reboot of the Flexy 205 every 24 or 36 hours at a specific time of day/night. Please advise.

Hi Christian,

You should be able to get away with this by using an ondate function like the example below, but if you run into issues with that, let me know and I’ll see what I can find out for you.

ONDATE 1,“0 0 * * *”,"@Daily_Reboot()"
// Minute Hour Day Month Day of Week
// This is set up to run at Midnight every day
// For more information see page 73 of the following document
// https://developer.ewon.biz/system/files_force/rg-0006-01-en-programming-reference-guide.pdf
Function Daily_Reboot()
Print “rebooting”
Reboot
Endfn