Suggestions for boot looping device?

I have a customer with an installed Cosy 131. They have been having intermittent problems with connectivity. I did some troubleshooting with them over the phone last night while they actually got on site and found that the Cosy was rebooting constantly over the course of about 40 minutes.

I recommended a Factory Reset which he performed, and we were able to get somewhat through the setup process before the device rebooted itself.

Then, I had him connect via eBuddy and attempt to transfer the new firmware. The firmware downloaded but was unable to transfer. I’m pretty certain that it’s because the Cosy was rebooting.

They’re local enough to drop it off to us, which they are doing this morning - wanted to know what other steps I could take troubleshooting to get this to work. I will confirm the error once it’s back in my hands.

Hi Rumsey,

If you’re still trying to do an update you can go through the following procedure. But if it’s still running into issues you can try to go through the recovery procedure. The post below should be able to help you out with these

Thank you - I have attempted the Recovery, but the screen that says ‘hold down reset until this goes away’ never goes away. I am connected to a switch which is connected to the eWON via the dedicated LAN port, per the instructions. Factory reset does not work Recovery does not work. When I power it on and let it boot normally, eBuddy does not see it nor does it have a link light at the LAN port.

Is the Bi1 LED turning on when you push the reset button? Also are you sure that you’re using a 10/100 switch and not a gigabit switch?

The Bi1 LED turns green when the reset button is pressed.

Just tried the process again and now when it asks for the Serial Number, it says ‘Unknown eWON’.

Hang on, Tim – started the entire process over and it looks promising. It actually got to the point where it asked me to press Bi1 twice, then failed; started it over again and it looks like things might be happening.

Hey Rumsey,

Just wanted to see if this was all set

I was able to force the firmware back on it – it looks like the software is good to go.

My customer is still concerned that it wasn’t just a software issue; if this S/N acts up again, would we be able to exchange?

If the device keeps running into issues and is older than 36 months you can do an RMA, but it should be fixed after the recovery went through on the device

*is not older than 36 months