Tag not being called from PLC

Hi,

We have been working with AB PLC’s on many of our systems and have been reading tag values to the eWon. In many cases everything works well, but there are a number of systems which have functional tags on the PLC that are not being read correctly into the eWon. To be clear, most of the tags are being read correctly, but some tags aren’t. We are sure that the tag address is correct and that the IO server is also defined correctly (we know this because other tags are being read correctly). We believe that the issue is on the eWon side because it’s for very specific tags. Any idea what might be causing this? I can share the support files for these systems.

Thanks,

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

Is there any way that we could jump on teamviewer with you to take a look at these more closely?

Also were these tags working in the past?

-Tim

Hi Tim,
Yes, can we do so now?
Those tags never worked for this system, but they do for all of the other systems.

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

That works for me. I’ll mark the post private so you can send your ID and Password

alright

Hey Tim,
Turns out disabling tags in error did the trick!

Thanks!

Welcome!

Glad to hear it’s up and working again

Having the same problem,except some of the tags read and some don’t. (Total of 55, most floating point and a few bool.) What do you mean by disabling tags in error did the trick?

EJ

Hi EJ,

Can you go to IO servers > Global Settings > Disable Tags in Error

you should be able to turn off the tags that are originally causing the error. It’s usually a small mistake that causes one tag to error and then because the device keeps trying to call that one tag that’s having issues it can cause other tags without errors to throw an error.

-Tim

Yes, that got it… thanks!

1 Like