Two Flexy's Sending Data back to One PC?

I did a search and did not find exactly what I’m looking for. I found where one Flexy can send data to another flexy and then get data … BUT I would prefer to have two flexy’s communicate directly back to one PC their individual data.

PLC A connected to Flexy A (cellular)
PLC B connected to Flexy B (cellular)
PC home connected via Internet to get the data from both Flexy A and B at the same time to a View SE application.

Hi Bill,

How would you like the Flexys to communicate with your PC? Are you trying to do this over something like our Data Mailbox? Emailing historical data? MQTT?

-Tim

Actually was hoping for a remote access connection. Just in this case its two units being connected at the same time from the one PC.

You can’t have more than one instance of eCatcher running at once. Also depending on the account type you could run into some issues trying to connect to more than one device at once.

With a Free+ account you can have

• 1 user connected to 1 device over eCatcher
  • 5 users between m2web.talk2m.com and eCatcher Mobile

With a Pro account you can have

• 3 users connected to eCatcher devices over eCatcher
  • unlimited users connected over m2web.talk2m.com and eCatcher mobile

So with a Pro account it CAN talk to these two devices at the same time on the one PC and this one user. ? Just making sure I understood what you were telling me.

Unfortunately you can only connect to one device per PC

OK lets switch gears then and let me ask this a different way.
The goal is to have TWO remote sites be able to monitored and controlled via Flexy (cellular) from one View SE application on one PC.

How would you recommend that be accomplished?

Do they both need to be able to be controlled at once or just monitored? You could make it so that Flexy 1 will send info to Flexy 2 so that you could monitor both devices on one Flexy. Then if you need to make changes of Flexy 1, you could just connect to that one over eCatcher.

If that’s not what you’re looking for you could try and use something like an eFive to connect to multiple devices on the same PC at once.

yes both connected at same time with a persistent connection.

If that’s the case you could do this with a eFive using the software eGrabit. However, this hardware is nearing its end of life state so I’m not sure how many are still available

Or you could try and connect them to a different 3rd party OpenVPN server https://developer.ewon.biz/content/other-vpn-server

1. What is the stability of ecatcher in a 24/7 type connection? If it loses the connection will it auto re-connect?

2. Maybe the VPN is a better solution … are there instruction for what info is needed to setup a openVPN solution?

eCatcher really isn’t meant to support a 24/7 style connection so I wouldn’t recommend this.

We do have a guide that goes over setting up a custom openVPN. The post below goes over this: