Username and password of Anybus gateway

Hi Tom,

When I connect to the anybus gateway to configure Modbus TCP via
Hyperterminal, it asks me the login and password. Do you know what is that?

Thank you.

-Tony Luo

Hi Tony,

Can you give me the article number for this device? It should be something that starts with AB followed by a 4 digit number

Article#:AB7629-F

Serial#: A03949BB

Hi Tony, we think that this is user defined. But you should be able to go into the FTP and edit the values there.

User: ABX
Password: FTPAccess

Thanks Tim

I was able to access FTP. I used Anybus NetTool for Profibus to configure profibus connections, and it works fine.

But I can’t configure the gateway. Following the instruction with Hyperterminal, I never can be successful. I use tcp/ip (not COM) on Hyperterminal, but it always asks me the login and password. I am using Windows 10 system.

Hi Tony,

You should be able to do all of the setup for this device through the configuration manager and Nettool seen below

https://www.anybus.com/support/file-doc-downloads/x-gateway-specific/?ordercode=AB7629

But is there a reason it would need to be done through hyperterminal?

Thanks,
-Tim

Configuration manager never works. I can switch online but it always says “communication timeout” if I do any online operations such as upload or download.

Is there a way to reset the device to factory setting? Maybe I can start over

Hi Tony,

Can I try and take a look on teamviewer and see if I can find anything wrong with the setup? I’m waiting to hear back from some colleagues in Sweden right now to get the login info for hyperterminal

Thanks,
-Tim

Thanks Tim.

Currently I don’t have the internet access to my program computer. Do you have any phone number I can call you when I get the internet connection to my computer?

Hi Tony,

I don’t have a direct number, but you can call into our queue at 312-893-5636 and one of us should be able to help

Topic closed due to inactivity.