Wifi connection status is different

There are two flexy on same place inside customer factory.
Those are using wifi module for internet.

One of them is not good wifi.
Let me attached each flexy’s log.

ps) Firmware version is same.(12.1s2)

One more question.
Flexy has a sleep mode feature?

Thank you.

@Timon

Have you recently upgraded the Flexies from firmware version 11.2? If so, you may need to perform a level 2 reset to have the Flexies release an old SSID. Please see below for steps on how to perform a level 2 reset, pulled from the documentation here.

Please note that a level 2 reset will set your eWON back to factory default settings, so you will need to create a backup before resetting the device.

Please see the documentation located here for steps on creating a backup using eBuddy. Do not include support files when taking your backup.

Can you clarify what you mean by sleep mode feature?

Thank you for your quickly reply.
Let me try to reset tomorrow.

And I am sorry that i think i used the word wrong.
I am not sure maybe save mode? low power mode?

The sleep mode mean that the flexy is not doing.
The flexy is only connecting to Talk2M and Wi-Fi.

For example, Usually when your laptop is on and you do nothing for a while, it goes into sleep mode. At that time you move a mouse or touch a screen laptop will be waking up.

I was asked about it if there would be any relation to the problem of the wi-if issue.

Thank you.

@Timon

Ah, I see. No, the Flexy does not have a sleep mode so that would not be causing the WiFi issue. Let me know if the level 2 reset resolves the problem for you, and if you have any further questions.

The Flexy reset completed and then i reconfigure LAN and Wi-Fi.

Unfortunately, I think it looks similar before what is used be.
Let me attached current flex’s log.

Thank you.

Hello @Timon ,

It looks like both devices could have a poor signal and are also being rejected by the Access Point. I would recommend changing the current configuration to narrow down the root of the issue. Try moving the device closer to ensure a good connection and then retest. if it is still getting rejected something on the security side is probably interfering. (password, white list, etc)

You could also try something like a hot spot to ensure a good connection and known security settings.

Deryck

I am sorry that The flexy did not moving to closer AP.

However, I took a picture wi-fi list of my laptop as below. (v checked)

I think wi-fi condition is not good but not bad.
At that time my laptop was next to Flexy.

How do you think this connection status is unstable to connect with Flexy?

Based on the logs in the previous screen shot the eWon is being rejected by the DunEp ALK WiFi network. Make sure you are setting the correct password or that the WiFi does not require extra security to access.

Thank you for your supporting.

Finally i have brought the Flexy to my office and then i try to test again using our wifi.
It works well. The Flexy never has any connection error.

Best regards

1 Like