2005CD talk2m connection failed

Talk2M connection wizard results:

Wan connection okay
UDP skipped
HTTP direct skipped
HTTP proxy connection HTTPS dialog failed (SSL negotiation failed: OS Err: 11)
Read Talk2M config HTTPS dialog failed (SSL negotiation failed: OS Err: 11)

FAILED: HTTPS dialog Failed

using a proxy at the customers plant.

@davenoiz

Can you confirm that the cable going into the device is providing internet through with those proxy credentials?

Can you try taking that same cable and plugging it into a PC to confirm (disable wifi if enabled)? If you are able to get internet access using that same ethernet cable then that will be a good start in the troubleshooting process.

Talk2M connection checker worked from wan cable with WIFI off. All the ping test failed to other servers.

@davenoiz

If all the pings tests fail, are you able to browse the web on that PC using that ethernet WAN cable only?

Additionally, can you check the time in your eWON device (System setup, General, Data/Time) and ensure that it’s not more than a few hours off. An eWON with a time that is too far off can cause negotiations to fail with our Talk2M servers.

the connection finished with " Can connect to Tak2M using TCP through Proxy server". Talk2M located the connection in the West US (California). the ping test to West US failed. I will advise them to check the time on the ewon. I’m working on this remotely.
Capture

@davenoiz

If you need specific IP addresses to our VPN servers then please see this following topic:

Additionally, ensure that outbound port 443 traffic is allowed on the network.
Also, ensure that openVPN as a service is allowed on their network firewall.

File moved to staff note

could you review the attachment for any setup issues. This is how the customer would like the connection setup for their proxy.

Thanks!

@davenoiz

The setup method you are using is not wrong just atypical.

Typically the users will use the internet wizard and Talk2M wizard to setup their static WAN credentials and their proxy information. I would try using the ‘typical’ method for setting your device using the wizards.

Additionally, ensure that the proxy servers IP is allowed. As stated in the document you provided, we will need an IP address not a domain and sometimes the IP address changes.

I am not familiar with those wizards. I am going to have to explain this to others. Could you be a bit more specific on how this is done?

By this you would mean that their proxy server is allowed in their firewall/network setup?
You need an IP address for the vpn connection to the 2005CD. which address do you think might change?

The wizards are located under configuration, and then by clicking the ‘gear’ icon that says wizards at the top right. You will need to go through the ‘configure internet connection’ wizard and the Talk2M connection wizard.

These are identical to the wizards on the Cosy 131 but on a different interface:

By proxy IP allowed, I mean confirm the IP they are using for their proxy is correct.

If you there are still struggling to connect after going through the wizards then see our conversation above about network traffic restrictions.