32603 HTTP Request Error

Hi,
I have a unit running a Basic code that sends tag values using the a scheduled REQUESTHTTPX function. The tags are being read correctly into the eWon, however I am receiving an HTTP Request Error (32603) each time I try to push the tag values. In the event logs I am receiving the following events: emodem-GSM network not found. Are the two related?

Thanks,

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

The emodem error will usually come up when the cellular modem is trying to connect to the cellular network, so the HTTP request will fail at that time because there is no internet connection.

Is this happening only at that time? Please create a backup using eBuddy (check “Include Support Files”) and attach to your message so I can take a look at the error log and the settings.

Thank you,
Kyle

Hi Kyle,

The event of emodem-GSM network not found is continuous regardless to whether I’m trying to send data via REQUESTHTTPX.

See attached the support files.

Thanks,

Yoni
MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (396 KB)

Hi Kyle,

Any news regarding my issue?

Thanks!

Yoni

Is this device connected to the internet and able to pass the Internet and Talk2M Wizards? If so, is it showing up as online in eCatcher?

I appears online on eCatcher and I can connect to it. I can also read the tag values. The status and internet appear to be okay. The only issue is when I try to send data via REQUESTHTTPX (I receive the 32603 error on the scheduled actions), and the emodem-GSM network not found error on the event logs.

OK, who is the cellular provider and what APN are you using? Did the cell provider tell you which APN to use? Info is found here:

So seems like there is no network, even though we wer eprovided with the APN. Seems strange that the status is that there is no network, yet I am still able to access the system.

Are you also connected to ethernet for WAN? It may be configured to failover to eth WAN if Mobile is down. You should rerun the internet wizard, initialize connection, and then rerun the Talk2M Wizard. You will need to be local to the device though. Don’t run that remotely or you will lose access to device!

I am connected through Ethernet. Again, we are able to connect to the device via VNC, so the issue isn’t the modem.

I just tried doing a “ping” command from the eWon to google 1.1.1.1:80 (using the following code: https://websupport.ewon.biz/sites/default/files/kb-0002-0-en-how_to_do_a_ping_function_with_basic.pdf) and it’s throwing an error, so something is blocking nthe data from being sent.

If you rerun the Internet Connection Wizard and select Ethernet and NO SECONDARY WAN, you should stop getting the emodem errors.

If you are still getting BASIC errors after that, it is most likely an issue with the code.

I will first try to remove the cellular module from the eWon because maybe it’s causing some interference. I am trying to avoid rerunning the Internet Connection Wizard because I will lose contact with my system.

I’m sure that the BASIC code is correct because I have been using the exact same one on about 30 other systems, so the issue is local.

Hello,

So I am now receiving an error of http connect error (32601). The eWon is connected to the internet in a specific factory. Can it be that they have a firewall that is preventing the eWon from sending data? If so, what do I need to request from the factory IT manager to do (or what information do I need to provide in order to bypass the firewall?).

Thanks!

Hi Yoni,

These are the ports and addresses we use. Have them make sure the ports are open and the addresses are whitelisted.

Thank you, I am still waiting to hear from their IT personnel. Will update once I get an answer.

Topic closed due to inactivity.

Hi, I have the save problem and i don’t understand.
I use the same parameters in a similar machine at the same place (same customer):

• same request in the same code

I did a test with the ewon and it was working but after, i put the ewon on the machine, i change the sim card and the activation key and the error 32603 appears.

I don’t use the WAN for information.

Could you help me ?