4 g Extension card and Data Plan

Hi, I have Ewon Flexy with 4 g NA extension card. I inserted sim card into the modem and i can not get internet access. what settings needs to be set for ATT sim card? please assist.

Hello @yakubouski.stas ,

The APN for ATT sim cards will vary depending on the plan.

The simcards we ship with the Ewon modems can be activated though this portal The number one choice for industrial communication (hms-networks.com)
and use the APN zipitwireless.com.attz

I got the card thru VIPA Controls distributor in USA and there was no card included.

Where did you get the ATT simcard? They typically provide an APN and you many need to follow up with the provider. If they are a reseller they may use a custom APN.

Program Your Data Settings for your device - Wireless Customer Support (att.com)

I typically see Broadband used as the APN when direcly from ATT.

You should see other options when using the setup wizard and selecting United States and ATT though the dropdowns.

1 Like

I already tried all of these and contacted them. I have modem working but somehow there is no internet connection when setting up thru wizzard

I made it work. There was broadband apn setting in modem and in internet wizard in must be same. after having 2 of these set correctly it started to work.

Glad to hear it is working!

The wizard should be updating the APN set in the modem section. The wizard might have times out before connecting stopping it from saving the setting.

Yes, that “wizard” section was buggy, it seems like the modem settings did not use settings from wizard.

There have been some updates to it in the last few Firmware releases. Please make sure you are on the latest release 14.5s0.

This is great. Can I run update remotely?

Also, I set it up but when I am trying to ping connected devices, I am getting device net unreachable error.

Yes, when you are remotely connected to the ewon you can update via ebuddy.

why am I getting device net unreachable when i am trying to reach devices which are in same LAN network.

Hello @yakubouski.stas ,

It is hard to say with the info you have provided so far. What are you trying to connect to and how are you connecting? Are you local or connecting remotely though ecatcher?
If you are local do you have an IP assigned in the same subnet? Are you able to ping any of the devices? If you are connecting though ecatcher, do you see any errors? There could be an issue adding a a route.

Can you share a screen shot of any errors?

There are 3 devices connected to FLexy 205 with 4g extension card. They all in same subnet 10.10.100.XX. I am able to ping devices with laptop connected to Flexy locally, but once I am trying to connect to PLC or robot remotely thru eCatcher - can not ping any of mine ip addresses connected to ewon- only ewon device itself . Also, I have OPC UA server configured on my IP address + 4g extension card installed.

Do you have the devices firewall configured in eCatcher? Do you see a locked or unlocked lock icon when connected to the ewon?

Do you see any errors in Ecatcher when you connect?
Does LAN ip configured on the hardware match the LAN IP set in ecatcher?

I can reach 10.10.100.11 but not 10.10.100.9 and 10.10.100.10.

Hello @yakubouski.stas ,

The Error message in the active connection is saying that you already have a network adapter in the same subnet as the one you are remoting into. To work around this it is adding a route to the individual IP addresses this does not always work. You should make sure your pc is not already in the same subnet. You may have a static IP set to an adapter or you are still connected to a similar network.