AB 7007-C Correct EDS File

Good evening,

I have been having trouble finding the correct EDS file for an AB-7007-C module for Allen Bradley Studio 5000. I have tried 4 different eds files, and all of them gave me " 16#0114 Electronic Keying mismatch" module fault. Any help in getting the correct EDS for my gateway would be greatly appreciated.

Serial #: 0003CDFC

Hello @tmarley ,

The AB7007 support page has a download for the AB7007. Downloads and Documentation

Deryck,

Thanks for the link. I’ve tried the following EDS before from this file download and this gave the code 16#0114 Electronic Keying mismatch.

Anybus 7007 EDS file

I will try it again. However if I am still having issues, may we have a teamviewer call so you can look over my shoulder? Please let me know. Thanks

This could be an issue with the version of ACM that was used to program the AB7007. To rule this out make sure you are running the latest version of ACM Communicator and upload the configuration.

1. Save the configuration
  2. Change the communicators mode to something else.
  3. If it is in master mode set it to DF1 or vice versa.
  4. Download the configuration to the device.
  5. load the original configuration back into ACM and download it back to the module.
    This will make sure ACM full download the configuration using that version of ACM to the device.

Deryck,

I am using the following version of the ACM:

Anybus ACM File Snapshot

I will head back to the facility where my anybus is and go through your steps. I’ll let you know how everything does soon in case I need further assistance.

1 Like

Deryck,

Thanks for the tips. That got my studio 5000 program to clear that fault. While I have you, I am having trouble establishing a solid green light connection on the subnet device side. I checked my cable RS- 232 cable and it is as follows:

Anybus 7007 RiceLake 920i
Pin 2 RX <————> Pin 2 TX
Pin 3 TX <————> Pin 3 RX
Pin 5 GND <———> Pin 5 GND

Any idea about this? Please let me know your thoughts.

Great! glad to hear the EIP side is working.

When LED 5 flashes red it indicates a transaction failed on the subnetwork. If it goes back and forth from green to red only some transactions are failing. Taking a log might allow you to identify what one is failing. If it is steady red all the transactions are most likely failing. This could be a wiring issue, the serial settings may be incorrect, or the node id could be wrong assuming you are using Modbus.

The wiring should be correct for RS232. I would verify the Ricelake device is using RS232 and the pinout is the same. Next, I would check if you see both Tx and Rx data in the log.

Deryck,

I may need to pull you in for a phone call/teamviewer meeting next week sometime if possible. I will be meeting with the Ricelake vendor to get more information from them about their serial settings that is being read from the AB 7007. I’ll be in touch Monday (2/20) or Tuesday (2/21) next week.

Hello Tmarley,

I recommend open a support case on support.hms-networks.com